Chapter 2

Chris POV
At the club

I couldn't believe what I was seeing. My mind immediately flash backed to a time in my life when she was the one for me. How could I have let someone so special to me go so easily.

"Della is that you"?I reply sheepishly still trying to see if I was dreaming .I wanted to touch her but before she took off running.

"I-" she replied before she took off down the hallway.

My first instinct was to immediately start to chase after her but I ended up losing her in the crowd. Who would've thought that I would see her again. She looked amazing i knew it was her when I saw those brown eyes. She looked so good. Her body had filled out and her teeth were straight. I guess the braces did work. I walk back to my section a little down that I didn't catch her in time.

" aye nigga where you been" mijo asked when I returned to vip. He was sitting with this pretty brownskin girl on his lap while vibing to the music.

" I had to go to the bathroom" I replied then poured myself something strong to drink out of the bottle holders.

"You'll never guess who I saw on the way to the bathroom though " I replied while downing my drink as it stung my throat.

Back in high school I rolled with a gang it was me , Mijo , Keeis , Austin , Hoody Della , Ciara , Kira, Kiara and Raven. When you saw one of us people knew the others weren't too far behind. We had so many haters and people try to make us bicker but we remained close. It was always a couple setting when we linked. Everyone knew that it would be me and Della, Austin and Ciara , Kira and Keeis, Hoody and Kiara, and Mijo and Raven. Once I became famous it felt like we all went our separate ways. I still hear about them through my mama because she still lives in Virginia but it's not the same.

"Della " I reply

"What" Mijo , Keeis , and Austin reply once they hear who I said.

" Your lying nigga what happened ? Did you punk out" Keeis said trying to make the situation funny.

Everyone knew that I had a huge crush on Della but was always afraid to tell her. I mean how could I she wouldn't want somebody like me.

" Nah man she ran before I could talk to her" I reply still feeling sad that I couldn't catch her.

" You gotta see it from her side man you made a promise and you broke it my nigga she probably still hurt" Austin replied .

He was always the wise one out of all of us but right now I won't tryna hear that.

" Yea you right I just hope it wasn't my last time seeing her" I reply still deep in my thoughts.

"How do you guys know Della?" the girl in Mijo's lap asked us. We all looked at her crazy for listening to our conversation.

"She was my best friend back in the day" I replied in a dry tone. "Why"? I asked her.

"Wait how do you know della?" Mijo asked her with questioning eyes moving her off his lap.

"She's my best friend" the girl Amber replied rolling her eyes at mijo's sudden movement.

"Isn't that a coincidence?" Keeis drunkenly laugh with the girl next to him. He always thinks something's funny when he's drunk.