Chapter 1

New to this
Della's POV
2/3/15
Los Angeles, California

My 2 best friends and I step off the plane and were immediately overcome with joy. This is the beginning to the new me. I can't believe I'm finally getting what I deserve. I'm finally going to make a name for myself.

"Della " Dellz" I hear as I'm broken out of my of thoughts.

"What " I answer snapping out of my day dream. My best friend Maya looks at me and says.
" Girl you were over there in lala land what's got you in such a deep thought"?

I mentally sigh because here she goes with the questions. "Nothing" I reply still in awe of what's around me.

"Leave her alone Maya she's just thinking " says my other friend Amber.

"I'm just making sure she's ok Amber" Maya replies.

While the both of them argue back and forth I step away to call my mom to let her know I made it to Cali safely. "Hi sweetie so glad you made it"my mom replies.

" thank you mom for pushing me to go it's so beautiful out here" I reply still just in awe of what's around me.

Honestly if my mom didn't push me to go I would have never went. I've always felt like I needed validation from my parents. There guidance led me to be the woman I am today.

"Of course , you just needed that extra push" my mom replied.

Amber and Maya went to go get their bags when they heard me on the phone with my mom. " Can you grab my bag too please" I yelled to them. They said yes and kept on moving to grab our bags. I sat in a chair nearby and continued talking to my mom.

" I just can't believe that I'm actually going to be dancing professionally " I said to my mom.

" you can do anything you put your mind to sweetie the sky is the limit. I always knew you had it in you but it's getting late out here call me tomorrow baby I love you " my mom said.

" I love you too and tell the rest of the family I love and miss them sooo much" I replied hanging up while allowing my mind to daydream again.

Maya and Amber came back with the bags and some food. " how did you guys find food in this place" I said.

" Sis rule #1 make a way out of no way" replied Amber. I called an Uber to take us to our apartment in La.

The start of something new🤍.

______

We finally arrived to our new apartment. I went up to the front desk to ask for the key then we were on our way. Our room number is A23 and we have the penthouse suite which includes 3 bedrooms , 2 1/2 bathrooms, a kitchen , and a living room.

We finally made it up to our apartment and was stunned by what we were seeing. We just couldn't believe three country girls from Virginia could make it out like this.

"O-M-G" we reply screaming at the same time. The place is way more than what we expected. We come down from our scream fest and started to explore everything. " I think we should go to the store so we can cook for our first night here" Maya said .