Chapter 9

Chris Pov
continuation of chapter 9

I was so suprised to see Della in the same restaurant that we loved to visit. Once Rih left I ended up calling her. Like a stalker I peeked over to see her phone in this little kid's hand. She says something to Della and hands the phone to her. I quickly scanned the table and realized it was all of her family members from back home.My heart instantly dropped because I haven't seen them in years and I could almost guarantee that they hate me.

My feet move before I can think and I'm at their table. Everyone looks around shocked to see me but honestly I didn't plan on saying anything just wanted to see if it was actually them.

"Hi Peedy" Mama Renee said finally snapping me out of my trance

"Hey Mama I missed you" I replied while hugging her. She was always like a second mom to me and seeing her felt like home.

"What it do lightskin I see you balding" Mateo said.

"Nigga shutup you still ugly" I replied

"Yo Momma nigga"

"Hey cut it out what's up son it's crazy seeing you here after you dropped us like a bad habit" Papa Neal said.

I absentmindedly grabbed at my neck knowing he was going to be direct. He just didn't know the truth.

" yeaaa about that"

"Chris what are you doing here" i finally heard the voice i've been waiting to hear since we got back in contact.

"um getting food you know that's what you do at a restaurant"

"who"-

"aye bitch watch how you talking to my sister" machi said without looking up from his menu making the whole table become silent.

I didn't have anything to say to him after what he did to Della. We were the best of friends but a series of events caused us not to be. I'll be cordial for now.

"You got it Machi"

"I know I got it"

"OK" Mama Renee interrupted us before it could go further. Times like this reminded me of when we were young. We used to argue and be best friends 20 minutes later. Unfortunately we're not young kids anymore.

"Mommy who is this boy"

That's when I saw her. She had long brown hair , with caramel skin , hazel eyes that resembled somebody I knew. No it can't be possible she would've told me.

"Crispy this Mommy's friend Chris he sings that song you like Fine China" Della says to her nervously never looking at me.

"Omg Chrith sing it now" Crissy demanded. She had to hear her favorite song in person.

I finally locked eyes with Della and tried to read them like I used to but this time I couldn't. Eyes are the window to the soul and right now it looked like she had her windows boarded up with Wood panels.

"Chrissy you know better than to yell at strangers like that" Della reprimanded her.

"I'm sorry mommy I just wanted to hear my favorite song" She says while apologizing.