Chapter 8

Della POV

"We're Here"

The words that forever changed my life. My family was here and I was so excited to see them. It felt like years when in reality it had only been 3 months , 12 days, 5 hours , and 51 52 53 seconds.I can't believe this is my reality.

"MOMMYY I MISSED YOU" i said as I ran up to my mom and tackled her.

"Della if you don't get your big behind off of me" my mom said.

"i'm sorry mommy i just missed you so much" i said while dropping some tears.

"damn what she say fuck us for" Machi said.

"Watch your damn mouth Machi" My dad said.

"nigga you just"machi tried to respond before -" worry about why your forehead receding at 23 and not what i'm doing" my dad said.

"Hi Daddy I missed you so much" I said feeling the love radiate off of him. Growing up I was always a Daddy's girl he was the one that gave me advice and showed me how a man is supposed to treat a woman.

"everything is going to be ok baby" he whispered in my ear.

I couldn't believe that this is my reality but I am so grateful to be surrounded by family who loves and genuinely cares for me and my baby. Yes , the secrets out that I was so desperately trying to hide. On January 15th 2021 I gave birth to the most beautiful baby girl in our home city. I felt so ashamed for hiding my baby from the world but I had to do something to protect her from her father's world.

"mommy is that you" i heard from my sweet little baby Crystal Joyce Brown. My baby who looked so much like her father it scared me.

"Hi my baby , yes it's me" I said while hugging her. I looked around at all the eyes staring at me with so much love and concern that it made me want to break down in tears. Mekhi had to hold me up because I felt like the weight of the word was crashing down on me and no one was there to catch me.

I hugged the rest of my siblings and toddlers them how much I missed them. I know it was only 3 months but when you have a big family it feels like years.My biggest fear had came true and now it was going to take God to help me get him to understand why I did what I did. Im sorry Chris don't hate me.

——

Everyone arrived at my house and immediately Alexis and Mateo took off to find the best room. It was like pulling teeth to get them to stay with me but after A lot of convincing I managed to get them to stay. My brain felt exhausted from all the what if thoughts. The hopeless romantic in me thought when he saw me he would know and we were going to be a family. After he left things just went downhill for me but Crissy was my saving grace. Every time I looked in her eyes that resembled somebody I once knew my heart shattered.

Walking down the hallway with a heavy. heart I carried my baby to her decorated room. She was worn out from the flight so she was half sleep on my shoulder. I just looked at her at her prominent features that shined so bright even in the dark.

Pushing open the door I gently placed Chrissy in her bed expecting her to take a nap.

"Do you like your new room baby girl" I asked