XIII: The emptiness is filled

'You're a vampire'

Those words hit me hard and it continued to linger in my thoughts throughout the day.

"So I'm really not a human anymore?" I looked down at the purebred as we walked throughout the garden.

"Dream how many times do I have to say yes?" His voice angry and horse.

"Sorry" I ushered. He sighed.

"Sorry I'm just stressed, Techno's missing, you've become a vampire, the spell casted has been broken the walls are down Dream" He looked up at me with worried filled eyes, I pitied the vamp.

"We'll find him and we don't even have to live in this dark place once we do, we can go adventure with Phil! I'll be the light in your life even if I've become the one thing I hated most" I sighed.

"My Lord you have to come look at this" Our heads turned towards the entrance of the house.

"What is it?" The vamp flew to Sapnap and as did I stumbling a bit.

"Just it's urgent and I'd rather you see it than me explain it" George nodded following Sapnap to the front entrance.

George fell to the ground gracefully holding the box that was on the ground. I peeked over his shoulder seeing the bloodied box. I gasped being taken back.

George shakily opened the box revealing a pink braid and a chunk pink chunk with two circular objects hooked on it.

"T-they're gonna pay!" George was angered his bloodlust was infuriating I felt like I was gonna die just being around him. It was strong so strong that it was visible, a dark aura inflamed around the petite vamp a dark glowing red.

"Sire here's the note attached to it" Sapnap pointed out fear behind his voice.

"Do you want me to read it George?" I asked softly he nodded ripping the note out the box, I held the bloodied stained paper clearing my throat to read out load.

"If you're reading this it isn't too late to surrender.
You heard me George surrender your position as the head vamp of our family branch and hand it over to your dear uncle.

I'm assuming you've seen the pleasant surprise inside the box don't worry you're dear pig brother is fine I'm just turning him into what you couldn't I'm helping him free the souls cause you know better than I do, without that mask of his he's a goner.

But I need him alive, I need to get him to his true potential so if you don't hand over the thrown by the night of blood you're little brother is soon to join my dear old brother.

I thank the hunters and the mayor for leverage.

Bye for now my dear nephew.
Sincerely,
Your dear uncle"

I starred at the note crumpling the ends.

"That- fucking Alex" I threw the paper on the ground cursing more under my breath.

"Fucked of him to bring an innocent child into this" I grumbled George turned his head our eyes met, his was a piercingly bright red brighter than before sending shivers down my spine.

"He's still the same old same old pushing people around and probably taking bribes or even worse drugs" I joked.

"we have until tomorrow night for this Clay there isn't time for any jokes my brother's life, our lives are endanger god how can i be so careless and fall asleep while we're in an open space" He face palmed himself his shoulders bouncing.

"How can I be so foolish I'm a, a" He stuttered.

"A loser?" I joked mocking George with techno's phrases, he chuckled a bit wiping his cheek.

"Yeah" Sapnap stood agape he was shocked.

"My lord you're-" He cut himself off George nodding.

"Look Sapnap I'm able to cry" George looked up at the hybrid smiling beneath the tears.

"I'm crying" He repeated.

"I'm able to feel but how" His high faltered and he questioned himself I raised a brow confused, what does he mean he can feel now?

"Umm George?" He swiftly turned.

"What do you mean you can feel now? Weren't you able too before? The brotherly love for Sapnap? Techno? Punz?" I questioned, he shook his head abruptly.

"That's different in a way" He inhaled sharply.

"Dream, Clay whatever I'm no longer sulking in my past the times I've spent with you, the garden, rescuing you from your awful town" I huffed.

"Well sort of a kidnapping" I added.

"You're ruining the moment here" He furrowed his brows hissing I put my hands in defence.

"Sorry go on you angry vamp" Why am I not able to read your mind George.

"Dream you've shown me how to live a dark life with northing but a barely lit lantern emitting the smallest light, y-you've shown me how it feels to lose someone as important all over again" I scratched the back of my head.

"Okay if you're going on about how Techno getting kidnapped was my fault than-" He clicked his tongue shaking his head as he started to fly up, his hand held tight onto the pink braid.

"No you've got it wrong Techno is important to me and tomorrow night we will get him back even if they tear me apart I'm not going down and giving this all up. Father worked hard creating allies I'm not letting him ruin that but-" He paused.

"But?"

"But this feeling it's like a rush filling the empty void inside of me, I've never felt the passion to fight for someone until I met you"

"Huh?" I focused on his glowing read eyes.

"Like you said Dream 'I'll be your light' and well you are" He opened his arms smiling, wait why is he smiling his brothers about to die.

"George we should really prepare" I he fell into my arms wrapping his around my waist, god is he short. I wrapped mine around him.

"I know but just thank you Dream" I looked down at him blankly.

"For what? All I've done was cause you pain" My stomach felt a flutter. He shook his head.

"With you around you've shown me many things I've never seen like snow fall, baked goods, the garden" My heart beat began to rise it felt like it was gonna erupt. I looked at sapnap who stood their awkwardly starring at us.

"Dream thank you for filling the empty void in my heart" I looked back down as he rested his chin on my chest. I starred at his face.

what's going one? I thought to myself.

I heard a voice ring in my head.

Thank you for showing me how it feels to love.
__________

What do you thinks gonna happen in the battle:0