XIV: Bad

____________________Unedited_________________________________

I laid awake on my bed, the words replaying in my head.

"Thank you for showing me how to love?" I said out loud, I shook my head in frustration rolling over and groaning into my pillow. What does he mean? Like how to love your brother? Or the earthly nature?

I couldn't wrap my head around it, was it a confession? No can't be that man has no interest in me, well at least I think so. I rolled over again onto my back before pulling my own weight up to sit.

"But if he does end up liking me what would happen? Do we get married? Fight off his evil uncle, how are we meant to have kids?" I sighed feeling defeated by my own thoughts.

"I shouldn't think to much into this, who knows if I'll even make it out alive in this stupid war" I draped the duvet aside, dragging my legs over the edge of my bed. I sat tall looking straight out my window watching the dark skies.

I stood up walking over to the closet door and pulling out a warm silky robe.

"Might as well go out for a walk to calm myself, I can't go into a fight all stressed" I huffed out putting my arms through the holes before loosely wrapping the rope of the the robe around my waist.

I stepped over to my windowsill breathing in the fresh night air.

"Cold and breezy, perfect" I flew out and over the walls surrounding the building. I landed in the soft grass just outside the back walls, I turned my head to glance at my room once more to make sure no one was watching before heading into the open forest.

Only things that could be heard was the howling wind, the grass crunching each step I took and the owls cooing. It was pleasant and peaceful something I've long desired after the incident. I took a couple more steps when I heard a twig snap in the distance making my ear twitch.

I stopped in my tracks looking around intensively.

"Who's there?" I called out my voice echoing through the trees, no response it became dead silent too silent for my taste "I said who's there? Come forward or meet your fate!" I threatened.

I looked the right the shrubs began to rustle. A man about the same height as George popped out a silver gun in his hands. His glasses sat up right on his nose.

"And who might you be?" I questioned glaring at him. He chuckled a bit.

"Oh muffin I expected to see E-class vampires not some wanna be purebred" He laughed, I hissed at him making sure to stick my fangs out. He swiftly got behind me pressing the cold metal against my head.

"Who are you to not know a marvelously famous hunter hmm?" He clicked the gun turning the safety mode off.

"I asked who you are, only hunters I know is Philza's family" I grabbed the hand snaked around my neck and flung him to the ground. his glasses cracking as he bounced a little chuckling.

"Nice to meet you too Dream, the names Bad leader of the badland hunters" He reached for his gun, I stepped on his wrist before he got the chance.

"What is your purpose and why are you out here?" I stepped on it even harder.

"Well as I said I was just out hunting E-class vampires" I could feel the blood thirst sensation in me as he lied through his teeth.

"The real reason" He rolled his eyes looking directly up at me.

"I was sent out to assassinate your dear leader, lord what cha ma call it George by his uncle" He grinned.

"I was close about to make it over the walls when I heard you" I hissed once again.

"To make things a lot easier I could just kill you right here right now" I furrowed my brows "AS if you could I've got you-" He kicked up wrapping his legs around mine and flipping me onto the ground.

"As you were saying?" He chuckled.

"I'll only ruff you up a bit to warn your lord" He clocked his gun pointing it at me. I flew up swiftly getting out of his tight grasp as he missed his shot "Why are you helping a vampire when that's the one thing you're against no matter the level or so I heard" I looked down upon him crossing my arms.

"I am but with the amount we're paid might as well work for one plus it's a win, win my squad gets to kill and paid" I squinted.

"How do you know they won't kill you if they successfully do?"

"Easy we do it before he can, just cause we're mortal doesn't mean we don't have a brain I mean you would know or should I say used to know" He propped himself back onto his two feet dusting himself off.

"You were the one who took Techno" I gritted "Mmm close but not quite see I was the one to release that E-class on you while their dear uncle swooped in taking Techno, well Skeppy took him to their unlce".

I clenched my fist sky rocketing down onto the hunter not wanting to hear anymore. I pummeled him onto the ground.

"Never show your face into the perimeters of the castle ever again" I threatened, I picked him by his collar as he ground blood seeping from his lip.

"Don't think you've won just yet, wait till the army comes down tomorrow night a pack of blood thirsty leeches ready to take over" I through him into the air, I swore I saw a twinkle as he disappeared into the clouds.

"Tell that prick he's got a lot coming tomorrow" I yelled laughing a bit, but it soon came to a halt.

"I've got to warn George"