𝟏𝟎. 𝐅𝐋𝐈𝐂𝐊𝐄𝐑

| | • • • • • | |

| | • • • • • | |

Jia's POV

I was cleaning the mirrors of the washroom while jamming to dynamite. Scraping away the dirt from the mirror I calmly wiped the glass with water enjoying my soliloquy. I startled a bit hearing the sky roar. From afar, I looked outside at the window only to see the night sky become completely dark and thunders striking every now and then. And it was scaring me. "Is it going to rain?" I asked myself getting no answer and then went back to cleaning the house.

The thunders were striking like crazy and I can't count how many I also had a heartattack by the sudden roars from above. My only worry was that the electricity will cut of. And right when I thought that a huge thunder struck before the entire house lost the electricity completely darkening it. "Ahhh!" I quickly grabbed my phone turning on the flashlight. I was someone who was scared of dark more than anything and now I was in a house with no power all on my own.

Awesome.

I waited for about 30 minutes but the power was still not back and my phone was about to turn off. Calling Jay I wanted to ask if he was nearby or not so that he can hang out here for a while. "Hey there's a power outage. Can you come?" I bit my lip waiting for him to answer. But all I heard were snores. Oh no. "JAY!" I shouted not caring he might have died hearing the shout. He abruptly let out a scream before replying. "Oh what the heck, I'm sleeping. Just go out. I don't know, maybe Jake's house or something." With that he cut the call leaving me in my panicked state.

I guess going to Jake's house might be less scary than staying here all alone. It was storming outside all of a sudden. Taking an extra pillow and my flashlight with me, I set out on my way to run towards Jake's house. Covering my head I tried not getting completely wet and knocked at Jake's door. He wouldn't open it and it was locked so I kept knocking. Almost broke the door since the entire neighborhood was dark and it was freaking midnight.

Jake's POV

I was trying to read a book in complete darkness since there was no power until my soliloquy got hindered by someone violently knocking on the door. Getting my attention, I lazily walked downstairs before opening the door only to be revealed by Jia holding a flashlight right at her face. "Holy crap-" I backed away seeing her look so ghostly before bringing out a cold face. "The heck are you doing here?" She didn't wait a minute and hurriedly got inside the house pushing me away.

The audacity.

I turned back only to see her all cozy on my couch. What does she think she is? I formed my hand in a fist as the blanket that she was covered with fire away from her leaving her all cold. She looked at me with annoyed eyes while I scoffed at her being so bold in front of me. "Fine I'm scared of dark. Just let me stay here tonight." She said out still holding the flashlight and grabbed the blanket again. "Get outta here. I don't want you in my house." I approached her throwing the blanket away again before clicking my tongue. Too annoying.

"Don't try to be so intimidating Shim Jake. You do realize that I'm not scared of you. At all." She specified the 'at all' before grabbing the blanket from my hand. She's getting on my nerves and I know exactly what to do with her. She's scared of dark huh. Let's play a bit then. I went to my washroom. "Let's hope it works." I tried using my power to change my colour. Not trying to bring out the monster inside me, but I had the ability to change eye colours and so it was a part of my plan.

I opened my eyes as they slowly turned blue. Smirking I eyed the girl who just zoned out holding her flashlight in the darkness. I snapped my fingers once causing the flashlight to turn off. I could hear the scared girl freak out at the sudden disturbance with the flashlight before she called out to me. "Jake! Where are you?" Walking in complete darkness I felt her hit against the furnitures. Well deserved.

I slowly tiptoed towards her as she waved her hands in complete darkness. "Jake it's not funny. I know you did something." She sounded terrified as satisfaction went down my throat seeing her. "Please Jake. I'm sorry if I was rude. I'm scared ouh-" She fell down and scoffed in pain. Time to play my part. I walked over her as she realized I was nearby. Standing up she tried turning on the flashlight again. "Jake you're here-" Snapping my fingers again, the flashlight came to light startling her and I stood there in front of her with my blue eyes.

"Ahhhhh!!" Her eyes widened as she let out a scream before falling on her knees. I used my powers to open the house door so that she can run out. The thunders were roaring loudly as she covered her ears with her hands. And her state made me turn a satisfying smile. "Look at me." My tone scared her as I felt her slowly tear up. She wouldn't look at me or leave the house. It was frustrating. "You really wanna die tonight." I chuckled in an evil manner before noticing that she was crying now. She was still on the floor trembling and I saw her stuttering fingers slowly make its way to my hand tightly wrapping around two of my fingers.

"P-Please calm down J-Jake. P-Please. C-Come back. You are n-not a monster." She stuttered out shivering in fear while crying out but she still didn't let go off my hand. Her hand was tightly intertwined with two of my fingers. I looked at her as guilt formed in my eyes. She could have gone if she wanted but she stayed there with the hope that her touch would bring me back to normal. My eyes softened looking at her crying figure on the floor. She kept her face covered with her hand flinching everytime a thunder struck.

I felt bad.

Using my powers to return my eyes to its actual colour, I slowly crouched down to her level. I tried slightly shaking her shoulder but she shook it away before backing away a bit still not leaving my hand. "P-Please you're gonna be okay." She stuttered as my heart hurt a bit seeing her so afraid. "Hey... It's okay. I'm fine.." With the intention of calming her I intertwined our fingers as she removed her hand from her face slowly looking at me with her red eyes. I saw a couple more tears fall from her eyes as she sniffled looking at my brown orbs now. "I'm sorry.."

I apologized even though she probably didn't know all these weren't real. "Y-You're back?" I nodded tightening my grip on her hands as they were trembling. Jia bit her lips before she started crying badly now and the next moment I knew I was pulled into a hug.

Why did I even try scaring her?

| | • • • • • | |

PLEASE I LOVE JIA 😭

PLEASE I LOVE JIA 😭

Idek why I named this chapter flicker but wtv