𝟏𝟖. 𝐒𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐄

| | • • • • • | |

| | • • • • • | |

Jia's POV

I looked at the ingredients in front of me. Tucking my sleeves in, I wore the apron which was found in the kitchen and sighed finally starting my job. "Let's do it." I am going to make cookies, obviously for myself. I was never a fan of sharing food even though my kind heart would win over it. But whatever. Reaching out for my phone to read the recipe, I flinched slightly hearing someone enter from the door. Jake casually came inside taking off his jacket. Finally noticing me he raised his eyebrows tilting his head slightly in confusion. 

"What are you doing?" He asked me approaching the kitchen counter while I answered quickly. "Cookies." I waved my hands in front of the ingredients and then gave him a proud smile. He just nodded looking uninterested before going to his room. Huh kinda rude. Shrugging it off I started mixing the ingredients again.

Starting off the wet ingredients I gracefully put everything after measuring everything precisely. Totally not a fan of Rosanna Pansino. The door upstairs shut open as I looked up trying to see if it was Jake or not. Like I expected, it was him indeed, all in his comfy clothes. Coming downstairs, he eyed me while having his hands in his pockets. "I wanna help."

With a commanding tone, he looked at my widened eyes. "Wait what?" Almost shouting, I exclaimed in excitement. He noticed me struggling to mix everything and so approached the bowl. Taking it away from me, he started mixing it smoothly. 

Is this a dream? Shim Jake, the emotionless human being really be out here helping me make cookies. I tried my best to not smile and swiftly put the ingredients one by one. Time for the flour, I made my way to reach the flour that was at the top shelf. Too bad, I wasn't that tall and had to tip toe. Jake saw me struggling and chuckled before using his powers to take it down. With a smile on my face, my hands stretched out about to take the bag of flour but before that Jake broke his spell aka magical grip on the bag causing it to me fall all over me. 

I stood there in shock as most of the flour fell over me. Keeping my eyes closed, I felt Jake gasp picking the leftovers bag. Then it was quiet. I opened my eyes slowly seeing Jake try to hold in his laughter. Glaring at him with my now red looking eyes among the white face, I breathed out the flour. I was angry. "Are you okay?" He could barely talk without laughing. My face darkened as I put on a pout. No this ain't fair. "You think I am okay?"

I attacked Jake with my floury self and made my way towards him to which he immediately reacted. "Hey wait no Jia!" He shouted but was I in a mood to listen to him? No. I threw myself on him as the flour started transporting to his clothes making him run away. Grabbing the bag of flour, taking a handful of it I threw it at Jake who struggled to dodge and was now covered in flour. "What the heck Jia?" He violently came towards me taking the bag away but I wouldn't give up.

"Why? Isn't it funny?" I sarcastically said out pulling the bag to my side while he did the same. The room was a chaotic mess. We were just having fun here and there not even caring how messy the kitchen was at this point. Jake tried his best to not get his clothes ruined but it wasn't of any use and at last gave up playing.

He was happy. I could feel it. I never heard him laugh so openly without caring about anything. I stopped playing around and just stared at the happy boy with delightful eyes. My lips formed a soft smile seeing him be so cheerful. Unlike his emotionless self, he actually had a big heart like a child. He was just too lonely before.

He finally noticed me paying attention to him only and stopped raining the flour. His smile turned softer as he looked at my eyes. "What happened?" Panting he caught his breathe and stood there just breathing while looking at me. "Your smile is pretty." I casually said out as my lips formed san even bigger smile while saying out those two words. Jake's smile faded away as I saw him kinda blushing.

I chuckled before walking towards him ruffling his hair as the flour came out making me move away a bit. "Phhh." I coughed out the flour that went inside my mouth before backing away from the flustered boy. But date was never in my side and I slipped on the floury floor as I knew I'd break a couple of my bones after landing on the ground. Not even having a moment to scream, I closed my eyes waiting for myself to get connected with the group. But that didn't happen.

Instead I felt Jake's hand swiftly make its way wrapping it around my waist while holding my arms with the other arm. I opened my eyes, more like widened it as I found Jake's ethereal eyes looking down at me. A small tint of pink flashed on my cheeks as I saw the same on his facials. We looked deep down inside each other's orbs getting lost in them until embarrassment got the best of me and I immediately got up startling the dude who saved me.

I fixed myself looking away from his stare while he scratched his neck in an awkward way. "Uhm I'll go upstairs." He quickly walked up the stairs with two steps before slamming the door. And then I realized what a chaos the room was in. And he just left without helping me clean it up. I sighed giving up in calling him for help. Rather I thought about finishing the cookies. Good thing is half of the flour was already on the bowl so I added the rest, mixed it up and it went right into the oven.

-

"Done." With a proud smile I took out the hot pan placing it on the now clean counter. Eyeing the delicious goodie in front of me I thought for a moment if I should enjoy it on my own or actually call Jake. But loyalty won over greed cuz sharing is caring.

Before I could even call him, it was as if the said boy could hear my thoughts. I saw him coming out of his room with his new clothes on as he sat on the couch lazily not that interested to eat the cookies or that was what he tried to show. "You seem so not interested to eat them. Should I just eat it by myself?" Wanting to atleast see a little bit of his excitement to eat the cookies, I waited for a pleading hand but got none.

Jake just rolled his eyes taking the cookie plate from me as he ate one. Literally no one would understand what the cookies tasted like with his expressions. Eagerly waiting for his remark my hunger for the cookies vanished as I looked hopefully at him. "Why did you suddenly make these?" He pointed at the cookies breaking my hopes. I actually thought he'd say it was good. What a Jake. I mean. What a joke-

I glared at him sighing since it was of no use and thought about his question. One part of me just wanted to say it was for me while the other wanted to do something fun and naughty. And I knew Jake was choking the next moment after hearing my reply.

"I made them for you babe."

| | • • • • • | |

Not my untalented self trying my best to make fun chapters TT

Uhm updates might be slow cuz I've been very tired for the past few days and am not getting time to write the way I used to so...

Don't worry my slow updates aren't like 1 update every week 🤡