𝟏𝟔. 𝐀𝐂𝐂𝐄𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐃

| | • • • • • | |

| | • • • • • | |

Jake's POV

I sat on the chair in front of the hospital with a trembling figure. My hands were shaking and so was my entire body. Guilt drowned me as I breathed heavily. Anxiety was in the air. Minjeong and Jia were standing trying to look through the glass door but everything was covered. I rubbed my hands with each other covering my face with them breathing in an unstable manner. "Jake are you okay?" Jia slowly asked out. None of the girls were angry but their voice said it all.

I was the one to blame.

She approached putting her hand on my shoulder to which I flinched a bit by her sudden touch. Right then the door to the operation theatre opened making me stand up abruptly. "Doctor he is alright right? Jay is gonna be okay right?" I bombarded him with question as he replied with a sigh. "He's alive. But unconscious and still can't breathe properly. We aren't sure of anything right now."

The doctor as I blankly stared at him with emotionless eyes. What does he mean they aren't sure of anything? I heard Minjeong gasp from behind as Jia helped her father herself in. Jay is my best friend. I can't possibly lose him. If I do...

It's because of me.

I backed away slowly walking and kept my gaze down. Turning around I ran away. I walked quickly up the stairs not knowing where to go. Reaching an empty room I closed the door harshly tearing off my hair. Sadness and anger hit me causing me to throw away the things on the room. It was a mess. I was a mess. Like always. But it never happened. Jay was never in this state because of me. Until now. I screamed letting a tear fall of my eyes.

I looked at my injury which started bleeding again due to throwing away stuffs. "How could I do this!" I shouted at myself before hitting my hand in anger again. The pain hit me as I hissed while crying. Falling in the floor I looked at my bleeding hand as another tear fell off. And there I stayed for a while sobbing in guilt with no one to see my pain.

Until she entered.

The door to the room slowly opened while I didn't even move a bit but just continued looking down. "Jake oh my Lord." Jia now opened the door fully running upto me after seeing the mess I did. She crouched down to my level eyeing my broken state with soft eyes. Looking at my injured hand she slightly touched it as a bit of calmness hit me. "Jake.." Softly saying out, I looked up at her eyes with my wet eyes. Sniffling once I looked down again.

"I'm indeed a monster Jia."

My voice broke while the said girl just looked at me silently. "Why am I like this?" I chuckled between my tears seeing my condition. So helpless and weak. Pathetic.
"Hey look at me." The girl in front of me said out causing me to look up at her. Her eyes were so soft and pure. As if nothing wrong could ever happen to her. "You aren't a monster."

I shook my head letting out a small laugh looking down. "Saying that doesn't prove that I'm not a monster. But there Jay's condition, that proves what I really am." Who knew my pathetic self would ever have to cry in front of her. She moved her head grabbing my cheeks with her hands causing me to look up at her. "Stop saying that. None of this is your fault." I stared at her calm eyes as she did the same.

Jia's POV

I felt my eyes tear up seeing Jake in that condition. He looked so hurt and broken. I wanted to tell him that it'd be okay but nobody knew if it actually would or not. Caressing his cheeks I wiped out his tears as he stared at me sniffling lightly. "Jia..."

"Please help me."

My eyes widened slightly before coming back to normal as a small smile appeared on my lips. Finally. "I don't want to hurt anyone anymore." His broken voice said out before I pulled him into a hug. Patting his back I tried my best to comfort him. "I'll help you Jake. You won't hurt anyone again." He hmm-ed cutely to which I just chuckled slightly.

"Jake he's awake-" Minjeong entered the room while we both pulled apart looking a bit awkward. I ignored the girls eye contact and looked at Jake. "Come on. He's fine." I put my hand forward for him to hold it and get up. And to my surprise he wiped away his tears and held my hand standing up. We came back to the room where Jay was. "Ok take some rest now." The doctor said to the patient before leaving the room with just the four of us all alone.

"Are you fine?" Me and Minjeong made our way to see Jay. He was weak and had his eyes slightly opened. "Yea.." With a low tone he said out before looking at Jake who was still far away from the hurt boy. He eyed him telling him to come closer as his friend did slowly. "Sorry." Jake said out in guilt as Jay chuckled a bit looking away. "I told you I won't die so easily." Making us laugh a bit Jay patted Jake's shoulder trying to make him feel better. Jake was about to say something more but Jay stopped him.

"You owe me coke for the rest of you lifetime. Now shut up."

-

"Are you gonna be fine all by yourself?" Minjeong asked as we all helped Jay come back home. He was weak but not that weak to stay in the hospital. Jay sighed before pushing all of us out. "Get lost please." Slamming the door right in front of our face, the three of us just stared at each other before sighing seeing Jay's childish behavior. "I'll come back tomorrow. Don't you dare slam the door again." With that the three of us made our way outside. Parting with Minjeong, now it was just me and Jake walking to his apartment.

It was an awkward silence.

Until he decided to break it. "Ok what I said earlier... I don't know how it's supposed to work." His voice slowed down at the end as I raised my eyebrows trying to understand what he meant. Oh. Honestly I didn't know myself. I bit my lip confused about what to say. But after that I felt my hand slide into Jake's hands intertwining them. He looked at me with complete shock at the sudden touch while I gave him a cute smile.

"Let's just get used to this for now."

| | • • • • • | |

School be pressurizing me 😔