𝟐𝟑. 𝐅𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐃

| | • • • • • | |

| | • • • • • | |

Jia's POV

Exam week is finally here but I never cared about exams. Rather I was happy about the fact that exam week would bring more students to come and study at the cafe. Yes I got a job in a cafe so I'm doing two jobs at the moment. It was stressful since I was used to the pressure but I'd still feel very weak nowadays. With american latte on my plate, I approached the customers in a very tiring speed and then coming back to making more coffee. Like I said, the cafe is pretty busy so that means extra work.

The door opened revealing a new group of customers as my eyes widen. "Jia?" Minjeong said out as Jay and Jake entered the cafe behind her. I flashed them a smile approaching them. "We didn't know you worked here." Jay said out as I nodded and looked at Jake slightly. Only he knew where I worked. My heart fluttered thinking that he might have chosen this cafe to meet me but I was too tired to be excited about that.

"Well order." Taking out my pen, I waited for them to order so that I could write them out. After they all ordered, I was about to turn around to proceed making their drinks but I lost balance falling on one of the chairs as Jake held onto my arms tightly. "What happened?" He asked worriedly as the other two looked at me worriedly. I just shook my head giving them a comforting smile. "I'm fine, just felt a bit dizzy."

With that I walked in a much careful pace now. Damn I was feeling sick. Very sick. But I had to work.

-

After my working hours were done, I sat beside Minjeong trying to study a bit for the test. But no, it was stressing me out. Anxiety drowned me and I felt my heart best faster than usual. I clutched onto my heart closing my eyes tightly while breathing heavily hoping whatever that was happening would stop soon. "Jia are you fine?" Minjeong worriedly held my hand while I just chuckled. "Yes yes." I lied taking a sip of the coffee as my eyes met Jake's.

He just stared at me while I stared back. I was too infatuated in his eyes when he finally realized and broke the contact. I'm for real head over heels for him. I blushed thinking about that when insecurities again flashed themselves in front of me. Gosh this headache I mentally groaned not knowing the heck was happening to me. I'd have understood if there was only one symptom but no it was as if the entire world of sickness decided to attack me in one day.

Specially my heart.

-

"Let's go. I'm tired." Jay slammed his book shut getting excited to leave the place as I nodded standing up. "I hope you both don't fail your tests." The other girl sighed packing his clothes while Jake didn't find it important to give any reaction. We all parted our ways. Me and Jake just walked to the apartment with the heavy backpacks  dangling from our back.

I practically forced myself to walk since my feet were giving up. Dragging myself in front of Jake, I stared deep down into the ground walking forward without any worries since the road was clearer than ever. "Give it to me." The ethereal boy who was now known as my crush grabbed my backpack making me lose my control slightly. Thankfully I didn't fall since he held me tightly. "Why are you so fragile today?" He questioned as I asked myself the same thing.

Shaking my head I continued walking as I felt my cheeks heat up a bit. He shouldn't act like this with me. After all I don't wanna fall deep for him just to be heartbroken at the end. Which is what would probably happen. After all it's Shim Jake that we're talking about.

"Take some rest. You look bad." He said entering the house as I nodded following him inside. I went to my closing my door before trying to breathe. "What is happening?" I rubbed my chest hoping for it to stop hurting. Maybe I'm just too tired. Yes that must be it. I should probably get some sleep.

-

Waking up to the sound of something breaking I quickly gasped thinking somebody might have broken into the house. With the attempt if getting out of the bed, my legs gave up causing me to fall hard on the floor. I screamed lightly caressing my numb parts still not getting over the weakness.

Walking down the stairs more like limping, I saw Jake cleaning the pieces of glass that was on the floor. "What happened?" Out of curiosity I looked at him while didn't bother to look up to see me. "I dropped it." He made it sound so simple even though my question wasn't actually directed to that. I sighed going to the kitchen hoping to cook dinner which would again be ramen cuz cooking was painful.

"Are you sick?" Jake looked at me with a concerned look while I simply shook my head slurping the food. "You don't look like you're okay though." He stopped me from washing the dishes by holding my hand as I just stared at him. "I'll do it. Go take rest." I denied his offer not wanting to disturb him and went ahead to wash the dishes when he violently pulled me causing me to turn around at me. My body crashed into his as I was about to fall due to my delicate condition today.

But that got hindered as Jake secured by wrapping his hands around my shoulder. "Jia you don't even have the strength to stand up straight." He stated the facts making me look down not wanting to meet his worried eyes. Please don't be like this Jake. You're gonna mistakenly lead me on. "Look at me." His deep voice sent shivers down my spine as I looked up decreasing the distance between our faces.

"You don't have to act so strong all the time okay? Now go sleep or else I'm gonna be angry." He lowkey sounded like he was talking to his girlfriend. Letting go off me he started washing the dishes as I slowly walked away with nothing to say. His touch made my heart tingle in pain somehow. It was fluttering. Ahh this feeling.

My feet froze on its position as I felt myself getting dizzy. I tried keeping my eyes open but no it was getting out of control. My heart developed a painful sting as I furrowed my eyebrows clutching myself tightly. This sudden attack almost felt like a heart stroke but it wasn't one. I tried holding onto something but before I could, my vision went completely black.

"J-Jake.."

"Jia!" That was the last thing I heard before losing my consciousness.

| | • • • • • | |

Ok I'm very sorry for the late update, I completely forgot about it 😔Also happy 3k reads 🙈

Also happy 3k reads 🙈