𝟑𝟔. 𝐀𝐒𝐊 𝐎𝐔𝐓

| | • • • • • | |

| | • • • • • | |

Jake's POV

"Jake I swear to go this egg is gonna go down your throat raw if you don't leave me." The annoyed girl said out as I tightened my grip on her small body. I sleepily rested my head on her shoulder back hugging her as she struggled to make breakfast. A smile formed on my lips thinking about yesterday. She got so flustered after I said I'd be her boyfriend but nevermind, she didn't even say anything after that and just fell asleep in my embrace.

"Jia." I whispered lazily by her ears as she moved a bit away. "Gosh that tickles." Cute. Hiding my head under the crook of her neck, I got comfortable in the touch of my soft yet large clothes that she was wearing. "You are so small in my clothes." Not caring that she might be struggling, I continued 'cuddling with her'. "I didn't think you'd be this clingy." The girl turned around making me frown at her sudden motion. I hid my smile as she said out those and just stared at her. "Why are you staring at me? Just go freshen up man."

She pushed me slightly but did I let go off her? No. Holding her tightly, I looked at her in all seriousness. "Can I ask you out now?" Asking her straightforwardly, I watched her freezing on her position causing a smirk to form on my lips. "Should I?" Going closer to her by her ears, I whispered sending shivers down her spine. "N-no." I sighed disappointedly before looking at her again. "I know you're nervous but just let me do it."

(a/n - I'm bout to yeet Jake)

Jia's POV

I gulped blinking blankly at the handsome guy in front of me. Nervousness went down my throat as he said those lines. Gosh wasn't I the one who wanted him to ask me out at first? And now that he wants to do it, why am I sweating so much?

"Jia.. you do know that you're the first ever girl who I've been this close with. And when I say close, I really mean it. It's almost like your existence itself just makes me happy. Yes, I was a jerk before and pushed you away from me but you never gave up. And I'm thankful to you for that. You brought life to this emotionless guy who only hurt the others. You made me feel things that I never felt. and I don't ever want you to leave me. I don't know much about love but you can teach me right? So can I be your boyfriend? Because I, for real, have string feelings for you even if I don't show it. And I'm sorry if I'm rushing you but will you be my girlfriend?"

I completely became a rock hearing him. My heart was beating so fast. At this point, I'd have set the whole house on fire just by making them touch my cheeks. I wanted to say something but I wasn't functioning at all and just stared at his with no response. The guy sighed seeing my emotionless expression and just let go off me backing away. "Make your egg." He said calmly but I could clearly hear how disappointed he was. I bit my lips looking down guiltily.

I'm such a disgrace. But I'm just nervous.

Breathing heavily, I came back to reality and realized what I just did. Looking up towards Jake's back which was slowly drifting away, I took all my courage and ran to him. "Jake wait!" He stopped on his way as I sighed heavily gathering my courage and looked up at him.

"Sorry I didn't mean to answer nothing to your confession. I really didn't. I just froze on my spot and couldn't speak for a moment but now that I can, I just want to tell you that yes, yes I'll be your girlfriend. I've always wanted to be an important person in your life and then found myself eventually falling for you. You might think, you're scary and a jerk in my eyes but please, that's not what I think about you. You're someone who doesn't want to hurt anyone and just wants to have a normal life. And I don't know anything about love as well but maybe, maybe we could know about it together? I like you and I love you. A lot and I'm again sorry for disappointing you but I was really nervous.."

I said all these so quickly my lungs almost bursted. Taking in oxygen, I sighed in relief after telling him everything but keeping my eyes on the floor, I played with my fingers waiting for him to answer. And then the flashback of him leaving me with no response after I confessed to him. Gosh is this gonna happen again.

No.

I felt him wrap his arms around me pulling me into a tight hug. I hugged him back, a little shocked by his actions since I was expecting an angry reaction. I decided to just stop overthinking and finally made myself have the warmth in his hug. "You are a cute girlfriend." Jake said out as I almost choked in his jacket. Girlfriend? Oh my gosh, is this real? My cheeks soaked up all the heat from this world as I felt myself melting. Letting go off the hug, he ruffled my hair and smiled at me. "We're dating now, right?" Cheesily saying it, he smiled mischievously at me while I slightly nodded.

Where did my courage and confidence go?

"Gosh why are you so shy?" Laughing at me he wrapped his arms around my neck and looked at me. "I-i am not shy." Ugh. I hate this situation no matter how much I'm loving it. "I totally didn't see you stuttering." Smacking him a couple times, I finally let out a laugh becoming normal. "Shut up. I need to- WAIT." I looked back and then at Jake as he also realized what I just realized. Signalling his eyes towards the kitchen, he turned off the stove and looked back at me while I stared at him easily using his extraordinary gift.

"Rip the egg."

-

"Ok but why am I going with you?" I asked in the car as Jake drove diligently. He turned the wheel around and answered. "I just thought it'd be fun if you also interacted with the professor a bit more?" I gave him a 'o' and then a thumbs up to which he just laughed. We were going to the professor's house. Seemed like he invited for dinner or something.

And I needed to apologise to him as well. I behaved rudely with him without knowing anything so I shall take the chance today and say sorry to him. And might as well get out of his blacklist? Cuz for sure I'm kept there after all my behavior towards him wasn't that good always.

| | • • • • • | |

When you lose all the motivation to do anything 😻