𝟒𝟏. 𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐄 𝐀𝐓 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐊𝐄

| | • • • • • | |

| | • • • • • | |

Jake's POV

I punched the glass causing it to shatter in pieces while a few cut my arm making it bleed. I shook my hand in pain and slammed my hands on the concrete table. "You shouldn't stay alive Shim Jake." I gritted my teeth in anger as I waved my vigorously causing the chemicals in the lab to fall on the floor. The room became a mess. I became a mess myself. "What did I do to deserve all this.." I fell on the floor and sobbed looking up at the ceiling. Covering my face with my bloody hands I groaned in pain and stood up again.

Her mom's letter roamed around my head. "He'll kill you Jia." Will I actually kill her? Will I be the cause of the death of someone I love? I never wanted this to happen. I never knew this would happen. Happiness? What is that? At this point I don't know anything. My feelings are getting the best of me. I screamed at the top of my lungs feeling the anger inside me and soon I felt. I felt it coming. The flame in me was finally coming out. My eyes, they were turning blue. I violently destroyed the lab room feeling merciless.

Chuckling,I started completely losing my mind. "I can't kill her." Whispering to myself, I slowly walked ahead. A smirk made its way to my lips as I looked at the mirror in front of me. The destroyed room was visible from behind me. A sad chuckle left my mouth as I looked at te destruction I caused. "Then let's just sacrifice myself." I knew exactly what I was going to do. My eyes slowly made its way to my reflection in the mirror. It was scary indeed. I stared down at my blue orbs as I felt a part of getting hurt. And like I thought, it was working.

My eyes were killing me.

"No one will die if I don't exist." I stared deep down at the poisonous orbs while landing on my knees. Coughing out blood, I laughed and cried both at the same time. Laughed because no one would suffer because of me. Cried because I've to leave my loved ones away. "I'm sorry.." I said to myself before increasing my power without breaking the eye contact with my reflection.

"Kill me." Commanding, I immediately felt a rush of pain down my heart. I held myself tightly not being able to handle the pain and cried out in loneliness.

"Jake!"

I recognized the voice that shouted behind me and just gestured my hand behind to make sure she wouldn't come close. "Don't Jia. Stay away." But the girl didn't listen to me. I felt her run towards as a pair of hands made its way wrapping around me while a feel of calmness entered my mind.

-

Jia's POV

I ignored the boy and ran towards him without caring anything. Hugging him was the first thing that came to my mind. But the moment I touched him, I felt my heart burning up. Not the usual burn. But even worse. "Jia let go off me." Jake tried pushing me away but I wouldn't let go. I won't let you kill yourself Jake. I won't. My mouth gave up and let out a big scream at the pain. It was unbearable. I could die any moment.

But I put a hold on myself. "Don't do this Jake. Come back." I tried my best to calm him down as I felt hot tears streaming down my eyes. But the difference was, it was red. It was blood. I closed my eyes knowing this pain would probably kill me but I didn't give up. The boy stopped defending and I guessed it. The anger went. "Im Jia.." Jake's voice echoed to my ears as he turned back. I let go off him losing my control and was about to hit the floor.

"Jia!" Jake put me in his arms as I stared at his ethereal face. My hands went up to touch his soft cheeks caressing it. "I love you Jakey..." Smiling at him weakly, I felt my eyes close completely.

-

Jake's POV

"Im Jia! No no no! Wake up! Hey wake up!" I shook her but she wouldn't wake up. I was so scared seeing her in this state. Hugging her lifeless body, I sobbed. "Wake up! I'm so sorry Jia." I tightened my grip on her as the door to the lab opened. "Professor!" I shouted for help as he gasped in shock. "Help me professor. Save her. Please." I begged him as he gestured me to pick her up and take her to his vehicle.

-

"She isn't breathing. Quick! Get the room ready." The doctors rushed her inside the hospital as I ran up to catch the girl's moving bed. I held her hands tightly. "Please stay alive. I'm so sorry." Kissing her hands I felt the doctor backing me away. "No let me stay with her." I pleaded him only to get rejected. Jia's father held onto me from the back as I tried my best to stay with her. "Jake she'll be fine. She'll fine. Stop it!" He shouted but I pushed him away.

"Stop saying it when she completely isn't fine. She's your daughter man. How can you be so fine right now? You should hate me. Your daughter is in this condition only because of me. I hate myself.." Looking down guiltily I cursed myself.

I hopelessly fell on the chair as Jay entered the hospital. "Is she alright?" I didn't say anything so the old scientist replied to the other guy. "She's in the operation theatre." His sad and scared voice said out as Jay sighed seeing me. "Hey. Your girlfriend's strong as hell. She won't leave you so soon." He tried comforting me as I tightly hugged the guy who patted my back without saying anything.

-

The doctor came out as I hesitantly approached him. "Is she fine doctor?" The man in the white apron was in a hurry and quickly answered m question. "Her heart is working really slowly. She's having problem breathing. I'm sorry, I can't tell you to be hopeful." He entered the room freaking me out even more. U silently stared on the floor as the other two guys panicked.

"Jake are you okay?" I heard a new voice but little did I care about it. Sunghoon made his way towards me seeing my emotionless face. "I'm sure everything will be alright." He tried hugging me but I pushed him away. I pushed everyone away and quietly walked backwards still not meeting anyone's eyes.

"This is all my fault. I won't be able to forgive myself if something happens to her." With that I ran away from the place.

Just stay alive Im Jia and I'll make sure I never hurt you again.

| | • • • • • | |

Time to end this book quickly

(yea just watch me update like 4 times a day cuz why not)

A new book cover 😳 hope y'all like it ✨