𝟐𝟏. 𝐕𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐄

| | • • • • • | |

| | • • • • • | |

Valentine's day

Jia's POV

I entered the campus while panicking like always because I was late like any other day. Thankful that the class didn't start yet, I took a moment to just catch my lost breathe and noticed the ambience. Everything looked lovely. Now the word lovely might sound cliche but it matched with the day. Valentine's day. A day which I always celebrated alone. But not that I cared about those stuffs that much anyways but the couples who roamed around the hallway wearing matching outfits or just opening their lockers only to see them all filled with chocolates and other stuffs made me feel jealous indeed.

Walking to my classroom I managed to get a glimpse of Jake who was just trying to get out of the crowd that surrounded him. Oh to be Jake. Can't relate. There were letters and chocolates on the floor that I'm guessing had fallen when he opened his lockers. The boy just sighed trying not to pay attention to the needy girls. Knowing that he'd probably use his powers to get rid of the girls, which wouldn't be a good thing I decided to step and save the boy. But how? And that's when an idea came to my head.

Smirking slightly, I approached towards Jake's direction who seemed to not notice my presence yet. "Hey girls." Putting on a confident face I gulped thinking that I probably have to lie now but the reason was genuine so why not. The girls along with Jake looked at me. I eyed Jake whose eyes were telling me to get him out of there before he forces himself out while the girls just annoyingly looked at me interfering there business.

"Mind giving me back my Valentine?"

Gasps. I heard them and softly smiled at Jake making my way towards him. Avoiding all the deathly stares I held Jake's hand intertwining it with mine while I felt the stares grew stronger. "What do you mean your Valentine?" One of them said out making me scoff. "Do I need to explain?" I eyed our intertwined hands as people put on their shocked face. Yes a part did tell me Jake would defend himself but he didn't any such things probably cuz that was the best way to get out of the place.

Getting no reply from anyone else I gave a proud smile. "Let's go." Winking at the boy I tightened my grip and slightly pulled him with me, making our way to the classroom leaving his fans dumbfounded. Reaching the classroom he let go off my grip and reluctantly went inside. Huh so ungrateful. I sighed not even receiving a thank you and entered the room sitting on my desk which was far away from Jake's.

Constantly getting flares through out the first few classes, I shut the book going crazy trying to understand the sums and just gave up putting the head on the table. I closed my eyes with the intention of getting some rest in the free class but the leave was broke when a couple students, looked like seniors, entered the classroom wearing the traditional red coloured clothes for the occasion. The students excitedly looked up as if they already knew why they came while me being the newbie simply stated at them in confusion.

"Y'all know the drill. School is holding a party hosted by us after classes end. Like any other year, bring your baes and Valentine's to enjoy thoroughly." With that they left as I sighed not finding it that interesting and was about to go back to taking my small nap when somebody called me. "Hey you're Jian right? You heard it. Bring Jake to the party if he really is your Valentine." One of the girls I saw earlier smirked at me leaving me in a dilemma as I stayed there regretting everything. But I didn't want to bare the insult.

"First of all it's Jia and second of all sure." I flashed her a pretty smile to which she just scoffed going back to her sit as I looked at Jake who seemed to have fallen asleep. Biting my lips, I mentally groaned not knowing how to convince him to go the party, I smacked my head in frustration.

-

The last bell of the day rang as I ran over Jake to follow him. Didn't get time to speak to him earlier so I breathed heavily before calling out his name. "Jake Shim stop." Shouting across the hallway I panted as the guy stopped turning around with confused eyes. Walking towards him, I gulped getting ready to ask him. "Uhm I was thinking if you'd like to go the party with me?"

"What party?" He said coldly discouraging me a bit. "Uhh you know the Valentine's-" i got cut off as he started walking away not even hearing the entire line. "No." He said switching his backpack from one direction to the other. I followed him still not wanting to get rejected by him. "Wait please." I pulled him hand stopping him outside the campus as he harshly threw it away looking annoyed. "Jia please I don't like these parties."

"I know Jake but please the girls in the morning, they told me to come along with you and you do know they are gonna bully me if we don't go." I begged in front of me with my pleading eyes as he stared blankly stared at me. Biting my lips, I put on an even more helpless emotion for him to pity my state.

He sighed closing his eyes finally giving in. "Fine." With that he started walking again as I confusedly looked at him. Why is he going away if the party is now. Reaching up to his speed I almost tripped on my own legs about to fall but got interfered as Jake held my hand preventing me to fall. "How clumsy."

"Uhh why ar you going home instead of coming back to the campus." Jake just looked at me in disbelief. Did I say anything wrong? I don't think so. Then why glare at my soul like that. "You really think it's gonna start now. It ain't starting before 9pm." My eyes widened hearing him as I covered my mouth with my hand. 9pm? Schools allow parties this late? My questions got their answers soon after. "This school doesn't have that many rules." Jake walked away as I understood. For real this school be giving much more freedom than other schools.

Hitting my head because of my foolishness I just laughed it out awkwardly and hopped my way to Jake intertwining our arms to which he widened his eyes and tried to pull away but I just gave him a sheepish smile not letting him get away.

"Let's go home, Valentine."

| | • • • • • | |

Okh soOOoYea I'm demotivated so the chapters look extra bad to me 💔✨Also if you see any mistakes, feel free to point them out :D

Okh soOOo
Yea I'm demotivated so the chapters look extra bad to me 💔✨
Also if you see any mistakes, feel free to point them out :D