4ꨄ

Her eyes flutter open to see Kol reading a book

Her eyes flutter open to see Kol reading a book. Her book. She sits up, rubbing her eyes and then turns to Kol. He tilts his head as Evelyn still managed to look good when she wakes up.

If you look closely at her, especially when she isn't wearing makeup, you'll see some light freckles playing on her cheeks and nose.

Kol felt the need to be next to her, to count the freckles on her face and watch her smile "What are you doing here?" Evelyn takes him out of his trance as she gets off the bed.

She wore shorts and a tanktop, Kol watches her "Did you know you talk in your sleep?" Kol asks making her pale cheeks turn red with embarrassment "No need to be embarrassed, darling. I think it's cute." He smirks as her heartbeat quickens.

Evelyn then spun around "You were watching me sleep?" She asks in disbelief "What is this, Twilight?" She scoffs and his eyebrows furrow in confusion.

"Twilight?" Kol questions, his eyebrows still knitted together as he closes the book and sets it down on the nightstand.

She smiles slightly and shrugs as she opens her closet, picking out clothes "It's some dumb vampire movie and book. Vampires sparkle in the sun, they have mates and some of them have abilities." She explains with a shrug and Kol had to stop himself from humming at her soft voice.

Kol gets off the bed "I don't really need a sun to sparkle." He cockily says with his famous smirk, his accent thick as he steps forward. Evelyn doesn't notice this as her back is facing him.

Evelyn chuckles at him humor "Of course you don't." She smiles, picking out her clothes "Feel free to show yourself out because I'm going to shower." She turns to face him and jumps when she realizes how close he is.

Kol chuckles, slightly leaning in "What? No invitation?" He acts hurt and she gives him a look that makes him out hit arms up as if surrendering "Im only joking, love." He chuckles as she rolls her eyes and enters the bathroom.

-

Evelyn walks in the grill and up to Meredith and Alaric who she viewed as a father "Hey." Evelyn greets them and they send her smiles as she sits on the stool, placing her book down.

"Speaking of. Your x-rays were inconclusive. Your knife wound was already semi-healed. It's impossible to tell anything about whoever stabbed you. Short, tall. Left-handed, right-handed. No clue." Meredith informs, telling Alaric, Evelyn caught up with everything. Caroline's dad got stabbed and so did Alaric, they are looking for the possibility of who did it.

"Huh...? Then why doesn't he remember anything about the attack?" Evelyn asks and Alaric nods in agreement to the question, he would surely remember who stabbed him.

Meredith looks to Evelyn "His CT scans were clear. Maybe he was compelled to forget." Meredith suggests and Evelyn tenses, Damon, Stefan, Caroline and the other vampires wouldn't stab Alaric. It's obvious who else it would be. Alaric hands her a coke that she sends him a small smile for.