9ꨄ

|flashback|

|flashback|

Evelyn laughed as her older sister, Laura, tickled her making her burst into fists of laughter as her younger brother watches along with the two happy parents.

"Laur....Laura! Stop!" She laughs loudly making the family laugh and Laura eventually stops.

"Come on, we're going cake shopping." The dad says and Evelyn grins.

"On my birthday? What ever happened to surprise cakes?" Evelyn sarcastically asks, her grin not moving.

|present|

"You guys go, I'll just grab my..yeah." Evelyn says and they nod and walk, she grabs her first new inhaler and then closes the car door as she walks over to them. Just then, she sees time to Kol hit Damon with a bat making her gasp "Kol?" She asks and his eyes softens as he looks but he immediately hides it with a smirk.

"What are you doing?!" Jermey asks with wide eyes as Damon groans and Evelyn rushed to his side making Kol clench his jaw.

Elena grabs Jermey "Jeremy, get back! He's an Original." Elena warns as she pulls him back.

"No hard feelings, mate. But we're not buds." Kol garbs an aluminum bat from the bat rack as Elena grabs Evelyn after she helped Damon up "You
know, I'll never get use to aluminum. But hey, at least it won't break." Kol swings to hit Damon with the bat, but Damon grabs it and with his other hand picks up half of the broken wooden bat and stabs Kol through the chest with it.

Kol dies.

Evelyn frowns, grabbing her inhaler and bringing it to her lips.

"Did you kill him?" Jermey asks, looking down at the so called 'dead' original.

"No, but it'll give us a head start. Okay, come on."

-

Evelyn gets out of the car, carrying her back "For the record, she's the one who wanted to stay in a motel, not me." Damon says as they go up the stairs.

"So, where are we?" Jermey asks as Evelyn grips her bag as flashes of a dead Kol passes her mind then her family, zoning out but she continues to go up the stairs.

.........

"Well, didn't you find it weird that you made a friend so fast? Have you met you?" Damon asks and notices Evelyn zoning out and tripping on a stair, he speeds and catches her making her come back to reality and she turns to see Damon as she pants, her breath shaky "Are you okay?" Damon asks.

Evelyn struggles to find air as she grips her chest and the stair railing "Damon...my inhaler." She closes her eyes , she's had many panic attacks but never like this. Elena and Jermey rush to her side.

"Where is it, Evelyn?" Damon quickly asks and she points to the car, he speeds to it and grabs the inhaler then speeds back to Evelyn, and brings into her lips.

Evelyn takes a couple breathes in, allowing herself to take her time with the fresh air "I'm Uh sorry." She grabs her back and hurries to the hotel room before they could ask her any questions.

|Flashback|

"You could get Chocolate!" Lucas suggests as the toddler jumps around with grins, pointing at the chocolate flavors "look at that! It's so pretty and pink!" Lucas squeals making Evelyn raise a brow.

"You think it's pretty?" She asks and he nods "Then let's get it!"

|present|

"Well, this should work, right Jer?" Elena asks, after telling the two boys not to bring up the subject because Evelyn seemed uncomfortable with it, she opened the hotel room and they entered.

"Yeah, doesn't really matter." Jermey answers, walking in and placing the bags on the ground with a shrug.

Damon shuts the door "Alright Whoopi, what do you need?" He closes the curtains "Candles? Incense? Pottery wheel?" Damon asks as he turns around.

"That's not how it works." They all take of their jackets and cardigans.

"I know, I know. They push from the other side and you pull from this one." Damon muses as Evelyn sits on the bed, crossing her legs as she fidgets with her hands making Damon roll his eyes and smack (not hard) her hand to stop.

Jermey takes a seat "Alright, you uh- you got a picture of her?" He asks as he places the jacket on the table.

They all share looks and Damon looks to Jermey in disbelief "Picture? What, a trip to Disneyland? Come on Rose, you're not gonna actually make us wait, are you?" He looks around "know you're obsessed with me."

"Damon, sarcasm won't make her appear." Evelyn speaks up as Elena takes a seat.

"All right, uh- tell me something about her." Jermey suggests and Evelyn nods, agreeing towards the suggestion.

Damon sits down next to Evelyn "Um, well she does this little thing with her tongue." Damon says making Evelyn gag in disgust.

"Ugh! Gross!" She mutters and Damon smirks at her "Just tell us something that matters." Evelyn says and Damon opens his mouth "Nothing inappropriate in any sexual way!"

Damon rolls his eyes but leans forward, deep in thought as if looking for the words "She spent her last day in paradise. Soaking in the sun and reminiscing about what it means to be human. And when death came, she didn't fear it."

Elena and Evelyn furrow there eyebrows, they were there in her last day and it looked like anything but paradise "I was with her on her last day and she definitely wasn't in paradise." Elena says making Evelyn nod.

"It was in the dream he gave her. She's here." Jermey nods forward and Evelyn sees Rose.

"I-I see her."