Independence

(Narrators pov)
"And last one!", you sighed dropping the heavy box of your clothes on the floor, "I'm officially moved into my own apartment!"

You cheered from the ground smiling at your empty new home, with some hard work your home would be ready by tomorrow for guests of course you didn't really have anyone that could come visit you aside from your brother and the Todoroki family.

"Finally, never thought I'd move out on my own but here I am.", you chuckled rummaging through one of your boxes to find your family portrait.

You were proud to see how far you had come in just a week, now you were slowly becoming a hero and you could proudly say you lived on your own. Took you ten years but you still did it! You rolled back onto your feet and tied up your hair and ears to get some work done. Even though the apartment was small you were surprised by how fast it filled up with all your belongings. Pictures from all your past years and small belongings littered your walls in a fun arrangement. Your living room was simple and cute but still something felt off about your home.

"Maybe I should get a pet?", you thought flopping onto the couch as you gazed at the tv.

A single box was left to unpack but with a heavy heart you were to afraid to unbox the contents, your last box of belongings were the items Bakugou had given you when you were both still together. You don't know why you kept it all after all these years but deep down you were just hanging onto it in hopes of him returning to you.

"I'm such an idiot.", you sighed.

Your ears perked up to the sound of your door being knocked on, who could that have possibly been? You hopped over to the door and slowly pulled it open to reveal your all to happy family!

"Aunty Bunny!", Ursa cheered hopping into your arms.

You smiled and hugged your nephew close while his parents entered.

"It's so cute in here, you sure do love taking photos.", Kimi smiled staring at the collage you had on your wall.

"Yeah old hobby of mine when I was little.", you explained.

She walked along your wall admiring every picture until she came to a sudden stop in front of one frame.

"This guy.", she growled pointing to a certain photo, "This is your ex right? The one I cursed out over text."

You stood next to her and frowned realizing you had put up a truly old photo. You sighed pulling it down from its tack, your only class photo from U.A, when you and Bakugou were still together.

"I didn't even know I still had this."

Kimi noticed how sad you had become while staring at the photo, the ashy blonde haired teen held you tightly against his side by your hips smiling at you as you smiled at the camera, it almost looked like he truly did love you. She sighed and took the photo from you putting it on a high shelf in your closet to keep it out of your mind.

"No point getting sad over the past, now let's celebrate your independence with some wine!", Kimi cheered.

You groaned in annoyance realizing you would have to stay sober and drive these two idiots home. Ursa happily played on your switch while the adults drank  and enjoyed making fun of each other through old embarrassing stories. Kimi was in tears listening to the idiocy of her husband when he was a teen, she couldn't believe that he'd actually died his hair pink for a month after a failed prank against your mother.

"He was known as the Nesquik Rabbit for a month at school!", you laughed practically falling to your knees from the thought of it.

Kimi was on the floor, drunk and dying of laughter to her husband's young idiocy. You giggled and headed to the couch to check on Ursa who was now sound asleep. You smiled enjoying the peaceful look on your nephew's pudgy face, sometimes settling down and having a kid sounded like a great idea to you but who would want someone as broken as you? With your brother just as passed out as you nephew you decided it was time to call a cab and get these idiots home. You could proudly say that you had work tomorrow and that's if Shoto didn't yell at you for almost getting killed on the first day.

"Alright you drunken idiots time to go home I'll call you a cab and you can leave the car here for tonight.", you smiled trying to keep the Kissy Kimi away from you.

Once the taxi had picked them up you waited until they were out of sight before heading back up to your apartment. It seemed different now, it was bigger than before and in a way empty. You sighed and headed off to sleep but unfortunately your mind was busy thinking of someone.

"Seriously I've gotta move on. I don't want to see him so why do I still bother hanging on to my feelings for him?", you whispered to yourself turning on your side as sleep slowly took over.

Unfortunately you weren't prepared for what was to come within the next few days.