Take a Chance

(Narrators' pov)
Your heart was beating like a speeding train against your chest, Ursa was happily cheering in his car seat while you dreaded the drive. Your brother noticed your worry and playfully poked your head with his long rabbit ear. You tried not to smile but the soft fur of ear tickled your neck forcing a laugh from your throat.

"There's the funny bunny.", Kite smiled.

"Kite stop! I'm just nervous. You can't expect me to suddenly be okay just because they suddenly want to be in my life again.", you sighed slamming your head against the dashboard.

Eventually the car came to a stop in front of the all to familiar mansion, you weren't all to surprised by the large home. Your brother pulled you out from your collar through the drivers side door before pulling out Ursa and placing you in front of the gate intercom. He pressed it for you before fleeing and leaving you behind, you sighed listening to the momentary static of the box before Momo's voice sounded from it.

"H-hey Momo...Umm Ursa and I came to play.", you nervously stuttered before hearing her squeal in glee.

She opened up the gates for you both and you smiled watching Ursa transform into a small polar bear out of excitement. You raced him to the front door where the whole Todoroki Family waited for you. With your heart still so full of doubt you skidded to a stop just a few feet away from them. The children's laughter was the only sound between you, Shouto smiled at you while Momo tried to fight back her tears. Your lips opened as if you had something to say but your voice just wouldn't  come out. After so many years of self hate and anger now you couldn't say a word.

"I'm sorry.", Momo sobbed walking up to you slowly before engulfing you in a hug, "I'm so sorry for not being there when you needed me most."

You told yourself you wouldn't cry but hearing her apology made the flood gates in your heart open as tears bursted out from the corners of your eyes. Shoto smiled seeing the familiar glow in your (e/c) eyes and slowly walked up to you both before hugging you close as well.

"Aunty are you crying again?", Ursa sighed holding onto your leg as the Todoroki couple smiled.

"Y-yeah buddy I am sorry for being such a crybaby.", you mumbled picking him up to hug him.

Momo smiled at your motherly gesture and created a tissue from her arm before slowly dabbing the tears away from your eyes.

"Come on let's go inside, we have so much to catch up on.", she smiled slowly pulling you inside as the boys followed along.

You weren't all to shocked that the interior of the house was rebuilt to be more Japanese in style for Todoroki but still the house was just way to big for you to comprehend. Although Momo wanted to hear more out from you, you simply asked her about how life became for her after high school as you sat out in the garden with her for tea. She mentioned how sad the class had become after finding out the truth and you finally understood all those apology texts from nine years ago. Life had changed so much for everyone, the couples that you guessed would happen happened, the rumors started had been true, and so much more drama unfolded but in the end everyone graduated and became heroes. Your expression seemed so unreadable for a brief moment but Momo could tell that you were genuinely happy for everyone.

"So what about you? How has the hero life been for you?", she inquired sipping her tea.

You didn't want to surprise her all to much with the sad truth but eventually she was gonna find out, "I never became a hero.", you admitted much to her horror and shock.

Your sudden confession had her spitting out her drink to her side before returning her gaze to you in horror, "Excuse me?! You?! One of U.A.'s former top students didn't become a hero?!", she screamed, her face held nothing but pure horror and guilt to the news.

"That's why a 'former U.A. Student'. I just lost the drive to become a hero after the incident so I never pursued it as my life career. I graduated from Isamu but I decided to pick up a job as a trainer at a self defense dojo instead of becoming a hero. In a way I'm still helping people but it just doesn't involve me using my quirk or living in the limelight.", you admitted staring at your melancholy expression in your tea cup.

Momo's expression melted into a distraught look, she felt at fault for your life choices. A broken heart would never be the same especially if you could never find the right person to help you put yourself back together but to think that you went as far as giving up on your dream was just to heartbreaking.

"D-do you still want to be a hero?", she asked nervously.

You stared up at her in shock and smiled at the thought, "I still would yes...but I can't just try throwing myself out there like that no agency would take a 26 year old woman to help make her a pro.", you sighed resting your cheek on the table as your rabbit ears covered your face.

Momo smiled seeing that you still had your childish habits and a brilliant idea came to mind, she lifted up your ears so you could look at her and smiled at you as she said, "What if I knew of an agency looking for a hero to fill in a position and recommended you?"

Your eyes widened in shock and your brain threw itself into a tornado of thoughts, you a hero? Now? Why bother embarrassing yourself like that when you could just stay living the boring life you had now?

"W-wait you can't be serious. Just because we suddenly reunited and had tea doesn't mean you should be trying to give me a position as a hero just to apologize about what I choose to do after my break up.", you blurted out rapidly almost matching Midoriya's speed in mumbling notes.

Shoto showed up and Momo quickly jumped up to her feet as she went to whisper something in her husband's ear and whatever it was he seemed to like the idea.

"Momo what are you doing?"

"(Y/n) do you want to be my hero partner?", Shoto randomly asked making your body freeze in shock.

Your mind was frozen but your heart was racing with excitement, Shoto smiled seeing your tail wag around so much in the chair. Your face held such a confused yet excited smile it was like you were 16 all over again. For a moment everything seemed so great but then one important fact took over your mind, if you suddenly became a hero then sooner or later you would have to meet Bakugou and the rest of your old classmates.

"No...", you mumbled much to their disappointment.

"Why not?", Shoto fumed stepping towards you to look you in the eyes.

"What if I see Bakugou? Or Mina? Or Kirishima? Or Ochako? I-I don't think I could handle that.", you sighed your tail dropping out of sadness.

Shoto sighed and gently took your hands in his as he kneeled in front of you, "(Y/n) all of us have a lot to make up to you, and taking this first step to becoming a hero might just be what brings the class back together. We weren't the same without you when you left and we still aren't. Please just take a chance and see what all of us have gone through without you by our sides. Bakugou might not ever be able to speak to you in person but at least let him see that you are doing well even after all the hell we put you through, if not for us then do it for your family.", Shoto pleaded nodding his towards little Ursa and his boys.

You took a deep breath trying to gather your thoughts on what to do, take the job and become the hero you wanted to be or lose the chance to help make the world a world you want to live in. You couldn't let fear or doubts hold you back anymore, you had a chance to start over new...so just take it! You stared into his dual colored eyes and smiled an all to familiar passion burning in them.

"I'll do it, looks like you'll have to deal with me again Shoto.", you teased referring back to all the times he had saved you from trouble back in school.

Your old friend chuckled and ruffled your hair just like old times as Momo hopped into your arms for a hug. Life was starting over for you...does that mean that your heart would be too?