Brighter Future

You dreaded Hospitals, so being stuck in one was certainly not how you planned to spend you Monday morning. Doctors diagnosed you with a concussion, a broken rib and a possibly broken nose and several cuts and bruises scattered over your body, because of your mission last night. You sighed and stayed in your bed careful not to pull at any of your bandages or wraps as you stared out the window in your hospital room. Notifications buzzed on your phone again and again but you didn't want to answer knowing it was probably your overly worried brother.

"I wonder why Mina cried last night?", you spoke out loud pondering on the question you'd asked yourself.

A new doctor arrived to heal you up and discharge you, you were glad convenient quirks like hers existed. You finally took a moment to look at yourself in the mirror and take in your appearance, bandages wrapped over your head, your once long (h/c) hair now an almost inverted bob, and cuts littering your face and long rabbit ears.

"Bet Frankenstein was prettier than this.", you joked tossing on your clothes.

You went to pay your hospital bill but the receptionist informed you that your bill had been paid off already. You were shocked honestly but she wouldn't tell you by who, all you could do was shrug your shoulders and leave. While you bussed it home you finally decided to look through your notifications, video of last night's events had already been uploaded and you were in the center of several shots. People on the bus recognized you and smiled, congratulating you on your work and thanking you for saving those children. You became sheepish, bowing in respect to all the kind people and complements before hiding your flushed face in your ears. Eventually you got off, an armful of grateful gifts and presents to thank you for your service, you almost tripped carrying all the gifts you'd been given but somehow you made it through the door of the agency building. Shoto asked you to report in as soon as you were healed up so you headed to his office as soon as you were cleared from the hospital.

"Almost there...ahh!", you stumbled over a fallen gift and landed flat on your face yet again earning a groan from your boss.

"Please don't make me send you to the hospital again.", Shoto groaned helping you back to your feet.

You smiled and quickly picked up all your gifts, Shoto handed you yet another gift by giving you a folder with pictures of the children being returned to their families. Many of the pictures had messages on them thanking you for saving them and it filled your heart with so much joy. Shoto helped you pick your gifts up asked one of his sidekicks to deliver them to your home while you filled out a mission report to explain your side of the story. While you typed away at your computer you were unaware of a certain pink heroine arriving, you head lightly bounced to the best of your music and she couldn't help but smile seeing you so cheerful. She placed a coffee down in front of you gaining your attention, your eyes quickly met hers and for once they weren't filled with fear or nervousness.

"Hey.", your voice was soft as you greeted her, a small smile drawing across your face before flattening to a thin line again.

"Hey.", she smiled back, "J-Just wanted to check on you and see how you were doing."

"I'm all healed up, going out on patrol in a bit. Hey what happened to your hair? Wasn't it like super long yesterday?", you asked realizing her hair was a bit shorter then back in high school.

She nodded, fingers gently brushing up her exposed neck, "Wanted to make us even, since I melted off most of your hair yesterday. You looked really pretty with your hair all long like that.", Mina explained.

You hummed telling her it was okay, it would grow back eventually. "I'm glad you're okay.",she suddenly  blurted out loud.

"I'm sorry, about everything. About bullying you...I... we thought the rumor was true instead of listening to yo-"

"Mina. I'm not saying I forgive you, any of you, but I do appreciate you guys trying. Honestly I'm a nobody now so you shouldn't feel the need to apologize to me after so long, I won't let myself forget what happened...but I can accept it and go beyond it. I won't forget the past but I will live a brighter future. I'm gonna catch up to all of you make sure they know that.", you explained, she was shocked by your words but a proud smile etched itself across her face.

She nodded and wished you luck on patrol, before taking her leave. You felt a little better after saying your piece and smiled at the sun outside, today would be a good day you'd make sure of it.
~~~~~~~~~~

Katsuki was almost amused to hear how mature you'd become, he could only imagine what you went through after leaving U.A.. He was curious why Mina had started crying again upon returning from the Shouto Agency and Kirishima filled him in. You were just to much, just to perfect honestly, he was curious how you'd react when you found out that he paid your hospital bill but he was more curious to know how you felt about him since you still had yet to speak to him.

"Maybe I should pay her a visit, icyhot shouldn't mind if I joined you for patrol.", he smiled, suiting up to join you for the day.

He had a lot to make up for but maybe a little push from fate would be enough to bring you back together.