Go Beyond

The battle to save the children began, the four pros entered the building without hesitation storming in an capturing everyone in the building. You on the other hand were pale to the two heroes before you, you trembled in front of them recalling the way Mina cruelly bullied you back at U.A. She seemed guilty, nervous to be in front of you again, but you had a job to do you had to stay focused.

"Snowbound you're in charge of the team, Pinky will melt the locks on the shipping containers and Red Riot will be your muscle in case things get hairy. You'll lead and if it gets bad you will step in to fight."

You focused on those details and lead your ex friends down to the loading docks. There was much less security since the men had rushed upstairs to help against the invading heroes. Red Riot took out two guards with several well placed punches and you quickly froze and knocked out another two.

"The kids are up ahead, black metal containers. Most of them have inhibitors on, melt those off to.", you spoke in a dead monotone voice, your body shifting into autopilot due to the stress.

Pinky nodded her head and rushed in the direction you pointed to, leaving you and Red alone to protect her.

"Gotta say it's a pleasant surprise to see you here.", Riot smiled at you, but your eyes remained lifeless.

The guards were quickly incapacitated and all were tied together by your ice, Pinky soon arrived with the children following behind her. They all looked scared yet relieved to be saved by the heroes, just when you thought everything was cleared, you were grabbed by the back of your head and slammed face first into the ground. Pinky and Red Riot both screamed your name in horror watching as the leader pulled you back up by the ends of your hair. Crimson spilled from your nose, your eyes swirled in a blurry mess, but still you tried to focus despite the pain.

"You really think I didn't notice you little rabbit? The temperature in the room changed drastically when you entered. Now if you idiots don't mind I'd appreciate it if you put those kids back or I'll kill your friend here.", the man growled pointing a gun straight to your head.

You growled at him, still unable to focus due to the whiplash, super strength, that was this man's quirk but he was only holding you by your hair...you had a plan.

"Acid! Burn him with it!", you shouted at Pinky.

You noticed her body freeze to the mention of her quirk, the man laughed calling your insane for shouting such a demand.

"You really think your friend will burn me with her acid. I'll just use you as a shield and shoot them! Some useless rookie you are.", the man cackled.

You glared at your old classmates and and dug your nails into the man's fist showing them where you needed him to be hit. Mina seemed hesitant but with a soft grunt from Eijirou she found courage to do as you told, she hardened a small disk of acid in her palms and sent the disk flying right towards the enemy's hand. He flinched back getting ready to lift you up to take the attack but you kept all your weight towards the ground shocking him enough to lose his cool. The acid burnt through you hair on contact just barely missing his hand, while he stumbled back from losing his grip on you, you leapt into the air, taking a form very few knew. Your ice encased your leg in the form of a rabbit's leg and you swung down making direct contact with your enemy, "LUNA FALL!"

Dust and debris kicked up once your leg made contact with the enemy, Red Riot shielded the children from any big debris with his quirk and stood ready in case he needed to fight. Once they caught sight of you standing, panting with your head pointed up they both smiled with relief.

"T-That one was for you Mirko.", you chuckled to yourself recalling how often your old master would pummel you with that move of hers during your high school days.

You lifted your foot off the man realizing he'd been knocked out cold in the middle of the crater you'd made. You were dizzy, barely capable of seeing or hearing anything, but you knew the mission was a success. Pinky and Red Riot took the lead, the kids followed behind them carefully while you kept watch from the rear. Once you'd made it above ground you noticed the police arresting many of the people that were inside guarding the building. You finally allowed yourself to collapse from exhaustion, falling to your knees and staring at the ground as all your pain receptors screamed in agony.

You felt something cool fall over your head and looked up to see the blurry image of Mina's face. She was crying, tears poured down her face as she gently wiped the remaining acid out of your hair to keep it from burning any shorter. She had so much she wanted to say to you but she just couldn't seem to get the words out. You simply sat there relishing in her soft touch as she continued to cry. The rest of the Bakusquad arrived once all the children had been taken care of and they all noticed just how much damage you'd taken.

"(Y/n)!", Shoto screamed rushing to your side upon seeing the dry blood on your face.

You barely responded to your name, he realized that you had a concussion and quickly called for a medic to examine you. The medic team quickly laid you on a gurney and carried you off leaving your old classmates alone to reflect on just how far you've come.

"I hope she's gonna be okay.", Denki muttered watching the ambulance doors close and drive you away.

"She trusted my acid to save her...th-the thing I used to hurt her so much...she trusted me to save her. How could she find it in her to do that?", Mina sobbed on the knees, replaying the trust you had in her just moments ago.

"She's not the same girl we knew.", Sero added.

Everyone agreed but all eyes were on Dynamight, scarred arms crossed against his chest as he watched the ambulance that carried you grow smaller and smaller in the distance. He couldn't believe how strong you'd grown and how selfless you still were, you had nothing to live for so you lived life prepared to die just like your old mentor. He'd have to pay Mirko a visit soon and tell her just how much you'd grown.

Yet when would he have the chance to show you how much he's grown? Would you still love him the way you did all those years ago or was it to late to right his wrongs?