10 Years of Change

(Y/n's pov)
"Aunty Bunny! Wake up!"

A small child giggled hopping onto my face to wake me for the day, I sighed lifting my small nephew to kiss his cheek good morning before putting him down so I could shower. I had a dream last night, about Bakugou. While the warm shower cascaded down my cool skin I thought about him and the stupid dream. It's been ten years since I left him and U.A and to no surprise he had already grown in the ranks of being a hero. Currently ranked 3rd place, just under Shoto, he worked hard every single day of his life but no matter where I saw him his eyes carried this depressing lifeless look. According to some of the last text messages I received from class 1-A everyone found out about the girl that accused me of cheating and desperately tried to apologize to me...I forgive them...deep down I know that I shouldn't but I loved each and everyone of them so I couldn't bring myself to stay mad.

"I wonder if it's healthy for me to keep thinking about my ex.", I sighed scrubbing my shampoo into my scalp.

"(Y/n) will you be eating breakfast with us?", Kimi asked from the other side of the door.

"Yes Kimi! I'll be out in a little bit!"

After unenrolling myself from U.A. I moved away with my brother and his fiancé and continued school and graduated from Isamu Academy but being a hero was no longer a goal for me. My brother still pushes me to be flashy and get my name out there but I just don't feel like bothering the other heroes with another ice quirk user. Breakfast was delicious as always but Kimi and my brother seemed to sense something off.

"So (y/n) found anyone interesting yet?", Kite asked.

I lazily dipped my coffee before sighing and telling him about a friend my coworker had set me up with, it didn't go so well since he insulted my ears and tail. My brother sighed and complained that I really had shit luck with finding anyone worthy of dating me. Being with someone just wasn't something I looked forward to but I think it's because even after all these years I'm still trying to hold onto the shred of my heart that still loves Katsuki.

"Thanks for breakfast, I'll cook dinner tonight when I get home. See you.", I smiled.

"Oh (Y/n) do you think you could pick up Ursa from preschool today?", Kite asked rushing up to me to shove lunch in my face before I left.

I nodded and wished everyone a good day as I made my way to the train station, even if I tried to forget everyone it wasn't possible. As expected of every U.A. Student their names were everywhere, some for recent jobs, some for item advertisements, others just because they were so popular. I sat in the very last train car and smiled seeing billboards of Deku and Tokoyami, they had really made it hadn't they? To bad I couldn't say the same but I loved my life. I became a self defense teacher for people of all ages at a dojo that my old master owned, it was always entertaining seeing my coworkers get pinned down by students much younger then them and it's a place I felt happy.

"In later news, once again Ground Zero has broken up with his latest lover, pro hero Maboromicamie states that 'his attitude was just cramping my style' before throwing the biggest party in all of Japan.", the news played in my earphones and I couldn't help but sigh.

Another break up, I think the longest one of his relationship lasted was three months before his partner left him. Wonder what he's doing wrong to constantly be having his heart broken? I tried to keep him off of my mind but it was just to hard especially since I had been having these dreams of him so frequently. As soon as I got off my train I decided to avoid the busy streets by hopping the rooftops there instead. My rabbit tail wagged quickly producing a blueish white dust that coated my legs and feet in ice that looked similar to rabbits feet. Soon enough I was hopping over city building like I was just a little cloud. Feeling the wind in the hair and ears always felt great in the mornings. Eventually I made it to the dojo but an old classmate stopped me before I got the chance to enter.

"(Y/n)-Chan! Is that you?"

I turned to meet with a pair of bright yellow eyes that left me frozen in shock, it wasn't her quirk just a reflex I had since I was a kid.

"Habuko. It's so good to see you how have you been?", I smiled.

"Good I was just off to meet an old friend of mine for some coffee. Do you wanna come along?", she asked flicking her tongue at me like she did when we were back in high school.

I stuck out mine just to play with her before explaining that I was going to enter work. She nodded before hugging me tightly and leaving, it was always good seeing one of the few friends I made in school but still...it made me recall that I truly didn't make that many after U.A.

"Who's ready to fight with me?!", I cheered swinging the door of the Dojo open.

All my students cheered in excitement welcoming me in, several of my adult students welcomed me with a hug or containers of food for the day. I smiled saying hello to everyone before heading off to the changing room to prepare for the day.

"Today's gonna be a great day (Y/n) I just know it.", I smiled into the mirror of my locker trying to stay positive but it looks like I'd be going through another depressive episode again.

Sometimes I wish I was born quirkless that way I never would've made it into U.A and had my heart broken like this.