disagree - a contest oneshot

Word count: 1919

Ro's face scrunched up when she saw the envelope that was mailed to her. Most letters were mailed to Keefe from Sophie, checking in if he was doing okay. Ro liked watching them flirt, so oblivious sometimes but that wasn't the matter right now.

The mail was from her dad, King Dimitar. He almost never sent a mail if it wasn't an urgent thing. Ro ripped it open and her eyes widned as she read the letter over and over again.

"What's that?" Keefe asked, jumping down stairs, three steps at a time. He was probably thinking it was from Sophie. He had a big goofy smile on his face that he couldn't hide.

"Not yours," Ro replied. "And it's not your girlfriend." she batted her eyelashes at Keefe, who's face was redder than the color of Ro's pigtails.

Keefe smirked. "Ooooh, is it from your husband, Bo?"

Ro pulled out a dagger from her boot, aiming at the blond boy. "You have a death wish, don't you?"

"Chill, who's it from, anyway?"

"My dad."

"Dimitar? You do mean the king of metal diapers, right?" Keefe asked.

"Yes, him," Ro replied. "He wants me to come back."

Keefe raised his eyebrows. "Come back? Why?"

Ro shrugged. "I'll have to leave today since it's urgent," she said. "Try not to die while I'm gone."

                                                              * * *

"Father," Ro bowed and quietly rolled her eyes since she thought it was stupid to bow upon her dad. "What's so important?"

"Oh, Ro," he replied like he hadn't seen her coming.

"What's so important?" she repeated. Ro had to admit, the ogres were a lot dirtier than the elves. The sparkle town was too sparkly and "perfect" for Ro's mood, but at least it was a lot cleaner.

Dimitar must've caught her looking around the city, since he spoke with disgust mixed in his gruff voice. "I see the elves made you comfortable," his dull green eyes bored into Ro's. "A lot to compare with our city, which one elf flooded."

Ro mentally smacked herself for wandering around. "No, no. I just saw some . . . new things." she stuttered.

"You like my new vase?"

"Your new what?"

"Never mind. Anyway, I called you here to discuss a very important matter. I've been thinking about revenge," Dimitar said like he thought ahead of everything.

"Revenge? On whom?"

"The elves, of course."

"All of a sudden?"

"Not all of a sudden," the king said. "I've always been looking out for revenge after the flood. Did you know that 2 of my loyal guards died?"

Ro slowly shook her head. "I thought no one was injured."

"Ro, 20 of my men were injured during the flood. I kept to myself since I wanted no war - "

"Then why should we start one?" Ro interrupted. "The world is in peace, father. Why create a war?"

Dimitar tore his hands through his face. "100 years before, the elves and the ogre kind made a treaty. We don't hurt them, they don't hurt us. You know the treaty was broken when the Sophie girl tried to read my mind. When the other flooded our city. It's time the elves pay for what they did to us,"