"I almost lost you"~Sokeefe~

Sophie_Elizabeth27 here is your request! Btw this sucks, so prepare yourself!!

Sophie felt nothing. Just darkness. No light. Just harsh cold darkness. It was consuming her slowly, like a poison. She tried to fight it, but it was no use. She couldn't fight it this time. Then a gentle breeze came from her hand and it spread all over her body, getting out the darkness out of her.

Sophie slowly opened her eyes and cringed at the light above her. At her left side, she saw a boy with blond hair and ice blue eyes. She recognized him right away. "Keefe?" She croaked.

Keefe looked up, surprised. "Foster, you–you're awake."

She nodded. She grimaced as the pain shot through her neck. Who knew moving was hard? "How long was I out?"

"For a couple of days."

"Days?!"

Keefe smirked. "You really Fostered it this time," he turned serious. "I was worried about you so much."

Sophie smiled at him. "You sent a green breeze, didn't you?"

Keefe's eyes widened. "Yeah, you felt that?"

"Yep." Sophie looked around and saw that she was in her room. Her blond hair looked like it was permanently stuck to her forehead and she realized she was wearing her teal pajama. In front of Keefe.

"How are you feeling?" He asked as he dabbed her forehead with a handkerchief. She flinched as Keefe moved closer to her.

"It hurts," she mumbled. "What happened?"

Keefe smirked at the idea. "We were defeating the Neverseen and you blasted them with your inflicting."

"Oh...." said Sophie.

"The Neverseen is half defeated thanks to you." he said, opening the windows and letting Sophie get some fresh air. Fresh air seemed good for her because she was getting sweaty from the blankets that was on top of her.

She tried sitting but pain shot through her body like a thousands of icicles. "Half defeated?" She had to ask.

Keefe nodded. "Yep. Some of them are still out there, but, some are in Exile right now."

Sophie didn't know what to feel about that. Sure they were bad, and killed some elves, but spending almost eternity in some rotten cell was a little harsh.

Keefe must have read her emotions. "Yeah, I know what you're feeling right now. But they did something wrong. They killed innocents. They killed Mr. Forkle."

Sophie sucked a breath. Mr. Forkle's twin was dead because of them. "Yeah....." she said. But she still seemed that being Exiled was a little too harsh.

Sophie looked around. "Where are the others?"

Keefe glanced at the door. "Biana, Dex, Stina and Wylie are visiting Tam and Glimmer and Linh, and.....Fitz....," he continued. "Fitz.....is angry about Alvar."

"Does he–" Sophie started to ask,

Keefe cut in,"No, he doesn't blame you, Foster. He blames himself for it. Fitz needs some time to himself right now."

Sophie sighed in relief. "What about Marella? How's her training going?"

Keefe shrugged. "I don't know, actually."

"Okay," Sophie wondered where Edaline and Grady were. "You should ask Linh about Marella, then."

"I don't know Linh that well."

"Then ask Tam."

"Ew, Bangs boy? Forget it." Keefe shuddered. It was funny because they were so alike and they didn't even notice it.

Sophie had to bit her lip so she can contain her laugh. "Then ask Biana. She should know."

Keefe raised an eyebrow. "Biana? About Marella? Are you kidding me? They're not that  friendly with each other. You know about the whole princess pretty pants thing."

Sophie groaned. "Then Dex. Ask Dex. End of discussion. Got it?"

Keefe tilted his head but he nodded.

"Where's Edaline and Grady?" Sophie asked.

Keefe glanced at the door again. "They're getting some exilers for you at Elwin's," he looked at Sophie. "They are really worried about you."

Sophie smiled. Edaline and Grady were her adoptive parents but they still loved her anyways. They were her family and she couldn't live without them.

"So, how were you holding up?" Sophie asked.

Keefe scratched the back of his head and made his usually styled blond hair look messy. "It.....okay."

"Okay?" She pressed.

Keefe smirked. "Yes. Okay."

"Okay, then."

Sophie and Keefe both burst out laughing and their hand touched for a brief moment. Sophie's hands were tingly where they're hands touched. She doubted Keefe felt that.

Sophie blushed at the thought and quickly scolded herself. She shouldn't be thinking about her boy problems right now. They had the chance of defeating the Neverseen once and for all and on the other hand, it has been 2 months since she and Fitz broke up and three weeks since Keefe woke up from his coma.

Happy but sad memories were brought back by Sophie thinking about those. She remembered when Keefe got blasted by shadow flux and light. She remembered when Keefe finally woke up from his coma.

Sophie laced her hands through his and smiled. "I missed you."

"I missed you too, Foster. I almost lost you."

"Well you won't lose me ever again. I can promise you that."

Keefe hugged her gently, not wanting to let go. Sophie focused on the warmth spreading fast to her body and smiled to herself. She finally found her soulmate.

So it sucked. The end.