" Why are you helping me?"~Dexella

Ayeee thanks for 100 reads! respectthebangs

Marella rushed out the door to see her friend. She swung the door open and saw....Dex. She thought it was Linh, because of them training their abilities together. She was quite surprised when she saw Dex standing at the door. His strawberry blond hair looked a little more styled than usual, his sparking periwinkle eyes didn't meet her eyes and stared at the ground. He nervously figeted with his tunic. 

Marella leaned on the door. "Why are you here?"

"Um, Linh said she couldn't come today."

Marella raised her eyebrow. "Oh really? Why?"

Dex looked up from the ground. "She said something about Tam and Glimmer."

Jealousy flared up in Marella. "Tam? Glimmer? Why? Are they dating?"

Dex cringed. "Ew! No."

Marella sighed and told Dex to come in. He kind of squirmed at that but he slowly walked in. "Is it okay? Is your mom okay today?"

Marella glanced at the room down the hall. "Yeah. She's having an okay day." Her mom, Caprise Redek fell off the balcony of her house and got hurt bad. She had mood swings ever once in a while and Marella wished that she would manifest as a empath to help her mom. Instead, she manifested as a pyrokenetic.

Marella lead Dex to her room. She sat on her bed when Dex sat on the floor. "So....why did you come?" Marella asked. Sure, she and Dex were friends, but not that close to go to someone's house.

Dex clasped his hands together as he just remembered something. "I came here to help you with your abilities," he pulled some gadgets out of his bag. "This gadget helps you to control element abilities. You can relax a little and not worry about burning the house down."

Marella stared at the gadget for a little while and snatched it out of Dex's hand. "So, how does this thing work?" She studied the thing and there wasn't some off and on sign. It looked like a simple bracelet with some squiggly lines.

Dex tried to hold his laugh. "You just put it around your wrist," he stood up from the floor and sat down next to Marella. "Here." He tied the bracelet around her wrist. Some sort of tingly feeling went through her body as they contacted.

Marella was surprised. "That's it?"

Dex nodded. "Pretty easy, right?"

"How do I turn this off?"

"You just tap it twice." Dex said.

Marella stared at the bracelet. "Hmm. Good job, Tech boy."

Dex smirked. "You're welcome, Fire girl."

She laughed at that. But a question popped into her head. "Why are you helping me?"

Dex turned his head but but Marella could see that he was blushing. "Um, you know, you looked like you could use some help."

"Help?" She grimaced. "I don't need help."

Dex didn't know what to say. "Sorry?"

Marella shook her head. "No, I'm sorry. You didn't deserve to be yelled at."

"It's okay."

Marella looked at Dex. "Why did you come here?"

Dex shrugged. "Like I said, to help you with your ability."

Marella squinted. "No, there's something else you're not telling me."

Dex blushed. It was too easy to make him blush. "Um, what?"

Marella smirked. "What are you not telling me?"

Dex tried to walk casually out of her room, but she grabbed his wrist. "You're not going anywhere without telling me that secret," she stood up. "Now spill. What's it about?"

Dex looked at Marella's hand holding his wrist. "Can you let go of me?" He asked.

Marella shook her head. "Nope."

Dex chewed his lip. "I can't tell you."

Marella's eyebrows shot up. "Can't tell me?" She tapped her chin. She wondered what secret it might be. "Fine." She sighed.

Dex looked surprised. "Really? You're letting me go?"

Marella nodded. "Yes. What have I ever done to you?" She touched the little braids woven in her blond silky hair. "Why are you afraid of me?"

Dex figeted with his cloak. "It's not that I'm afraid of you, I'm......nervous."

"Around me?"

Dex avoided meeting Marella's eyes. "Y-yeah."

"Well, you shouldn't be. We're friends." Marella said.

Dex flinched at the word friends. She wondered why. She wondered if Dex actually had a crush on her. She wasn't really the oblivious type. She could make out if a boy liked her or not. But Dex, wasn't really subtle at crushes and things.

Dex smiled. "Yeah, friends."

They talked some more and Dex decided to go home by now. "Um, so, today was great. It's nice meeting you."

"Oh really?" Marella asked. "Then do you want to meet again?" She tried not to laugh at Dex's red face.

"Sure," he said. "I'd like that. Really."

Marella leaned in and kissed Dex's cheek. His dimpled grin became enormous. "Bye, Dizznee."

"Bye Marella."

Tfycgywuysiubsniuywby this one was the worst. I am so sorry. This whole thing was awkward and I couldn't really captured their nervousness and the whole "I like you." Thing. Dex seems too nerdy and Marella seems too harsh. Anyway, thanks for reading this trash. Stay safe❤