Chapter 6

Michael's POV

"Come on, answer it!" I said, pacing back and forth on my room, placing a hand on my temple.

"Come on, Keisha" I groan. Why isn't she picking up?

The phone just keeps ringing until it automatically ends. I sat on my bed frustrated. I received a text a few seconds after the call ends saying she's busy.

I wanted to call her back but I called Matt instead.

I know he knew something about Keisha and he's the only way I could think of for me to know the truth.

----------
Keisha's POV

It's been a week and we're here at the hospital where Zack's mother has been admitted for almost 4 months now. Her condition are continuously getting back to normal but the doctor said she should stay for about 2 months more for the assurance of her health. Zack was outside with the doctor while I'm here sitting beside her mom who's peacefully sleeping. I just stare at the ceiling remembering what happened earlier,

"Keisha" she weakly calls. I turn to her and I noticed she's trying to lift up her hand to grab mine. I instantly grabbed her hand and smiled, waiting for her to say something.

"Darling, please take care of my boy. We don't how long will I live and if I could get through this. My heart's getting weaker, I know the doctors said I'm fine, but I know I wouldn't last long. I'm already old, too old to live. So please, when the day comes, I want you to take care of my boy. He loves you so much. That he would do anything to be with you. If he did something wrong before, it's because he loves you." Tears kept streaming down her face and I'm trying my best to hold back mine.

"Please don't say that. Only God knows when we will die and I believe you will make it. You're a strong person Ma, just don't give up, your son still needs you. He needs her mom." I said as if I'm trying to convince myself. Ma's right. Her body's getting weaker and weaker even though the doctors said she'll be fine. I've been holding back my tears to show that I'm strong but Mama's state right now is making me emotional. I want to be strong for her, but how?

She smiled weakly at words but then shook her head no, "My time is already near, sweetheart. I can feel it." And with that, tears from my eyes started to escape as I held her hand tighter. Mama Lena has been my second mother since the day of my accident. She's the one who took care of me while my families still in our home country. She was like a real mother to me.

Tears started to pour again but I quickly wiped it off when someone knocked at the door. The door swing open, revealing the man I love. He entered quietly as soon as he saw his mother sleeping. He sat beside me, placing his arms around my shoulder while he gently placed his other hand on top of mine. He looked at me the eye and frown once he saw that they were red from the cries earlier. He caresses my cheek and kissed my forehead.

"Hey, she's going to be fine okay?" He said, trying to comfort me.

"I know. But you know I can't afford losing her, she was like a real mother to me."

"I know. I can't afford losing a mom too. But we got to be tough. We need to be strong for her. She'll only get weak if show we show weakness infront of her." He's right. I need to be strong. We need to be strong.

"That's my girl" he said once he saw that I calmed down a little. I smiled and wrap my arms around him hugging him tightly.

"Thank you for always being there." I break the hug and kissed his lips. He kissed back as his hands wander around my back as I cup his face. I break the kiss once I remembered we're still in a public place. He smiled at me before we sit back comfortably, my head resting at his shoulder while his hand's wrapped around me.

-------
Michael's POV

The phone keeps ringing and I can feel my anxiety up on the roof. I don't know why I'm feeling this, but I felt a strong connection whenever I'm with Keisha, and now that I saw her with Zack, I knew she was something more than my secretary.

"Hello? Mike are you still there?" Matt's voice woke me up from my thoughts as I stopped pacing around the room. I let out a deep sigh and sat at the edge of my bed.

"Matt, you need to tell me something about Keisha" I said, getting straight to the point.

"What about her?"

"Do you know Zack?" I asked

"Yeah, he's your late wife's best friend who turns out to be your enemy and now she's Keisha's boyfriend"

Something isn't right, I said to myself.

"Matt, I don't know" I honestly said. There's a crazy feeling inside of me but I don't know why I'm feeling it.

"What, Mike?" He asked

"Matt....." I started, feeling a lump on my throat. I took a heavy sigh and gulped, not sure if I could say this. The other line's dead silent and I imagine Matt raising his eyebrows,

"... I think she's alive"

-----------
A/N

Sorryyyy for such short chapter, I just want to make something for you guys. Sorrryyy for taking it so longgg to update. I'm still in a writer's block and still trying to improve my writing.

Again, please vote and comment! I appreciate your feedback.

Thanks for reading!

Keep safe! Luvya!
-mae