Chapter 4

1 week later

Keisha's POV

"Keisha" I hear a man says from behind. I turned around and saw a familiar figure of a man. The one who always shows up in my dream.

"Keisha" he calls again. I looked at him confused as he slowly make his way towards me.

"Who are you and what are you doing at my office?" I asked calmy even tho I'm scared cuz I don't even know him.

He started running towards me with full speed and I closed my eyes trying to scream hoping someone would come up and save me.

"Keisha" my eyes shoot open as he shakes my arm. "Are you okay?" He asks once I finally got back to reality.

What was that?

He tries to reach for me again and I flinched. "Hey, I'm not gonna hurt you" he says calmy. "You were screaming throughout your sleep" he said concerned.

"Are you okay? You're having nightmares, baby" he asked, rubbing his thumb on my cheek gently.

"I-im sorry. Yes, I'm okay." I tried to smile but failed. He wrapped his arms around me and I rest comfortably on his chest, feeling his heartbeat.

"Try to sleep again. I'm here. No one's gonna hurt you." He said and kissed my forehead.

"I'm sorry I woke you up" I looked up at him apologetically. He just smiles and kissed my head.

"No need to be sorry. Just try to sleep again and maybe tell me about it the next morning" he smiled again and I closed my eyes, pushing my thoughts aside.

I can feel him humming our favorite song until I fell asleep.

-

It's been a week since Mr. Daniels and Mr. Jackson switched branches and it turns out pretty well.

I sat on my chair and opened my laptop. I read all the mails and organized them. I actually can't focus on my job right now cuz all I can think of is that stupid scary dream.

What is it? Or maybe Who is it?

I still can't see his face clearly but I know he's one of the two persons who always appears on my dream. The one is kind and sweet, like I have known him my whole life, while the other one is creepy and always tries to hurt me.

I still can't figure out who they are and it's stressing me out. But I guess they mean no harm. I mean, one of them tried to kill me on my dream but they can't kill me on reality. They're just a dream. A horrible dream.

"Keisha?" His soft voice asked and I looked up from my laptop. He's leaning against the doorframe and his arms folded on his chest.

He's wearing a black long sleeve button up shirt that was folded/rolled up to his elbow, a black slacks and loafers with black socks.

Does he have a thing for black?

His curly hair falls gracefully on his broad shoulders and few curls on his forehead.

And he look really nice.

I heard him cleared his throat and I quickly took of my eyes off of him.

"If you kept staring at me like that then I might melt" he says with a hint of smirk on his lips. I rolled my eyes and went back to my laptop.

I heard him chuckled before he clears his throat again.

"Do you have a virus or something?" I jokingly said. "You coughed twice, that's dangerous"

"Well the only thing that's on danger now is you." He said, slightly smirking. "Go to my office now and don't forget to bring me coffee" he said and left without looking back.

I sighed and grabbed my small notebook and placed it on my pocket.

As I was about to leave, my phone rang and I quickly looked up on who's calling. I smile creeped on my lips as I saw his name.

"Hey babe" he says from the other line as soon as I answer the call.

"Hey" I said with a smile.

"Are you okay now?" He asked, "I know you're still thinking about that dream" he sighed.

"I'm sorry. It's just that I'm so confused right now. Like why the hell would I dreamed of them" I said, frustrated.

"I know, i know. Just try to not think of it by now. I'm gonna pick you up later at 3 so be ready. I know you need a break"

"Okay. Thank you and I love you" I said smiling and even tho I can't see him, I know he's smiling too.

"I love you more. Bye" and there we hung the phone up.

I let out a sigh while looking at the city before me. When I'm finally ready, I reached for the door knob and went outside of the office.

-

Holding the cup of hot coffee in my hand, I knocked on his door and gently turned the knob. When I finally stepped in to his office, I notice the frown on his face. I made my way to his desk and placed his coffee down gently. He looked up to me and smiled then went back to his laptop.

"What took you so long?" He asks, still staring at his laptop.

"My boyfriend called" I answered, "and I'm asking for your permission if I could go home later at 3 cuz Zack would pick me up"

I noticed his facial expression changes as he shifts uncomfortably on his seat.

"Zack?" He asks

"Yeah. He's my boyfriend" I frowned "is there a problem?" I asked confused.

He just shook his head as an answer.

"Uhm, is there anything you need other than coffee?" I asks grabbing my small notebook on my pocket.

"Yeah" he sighs, "tell the board members to meet me at Florida next week to discuss some things and,"

"And?"

"Book a flight for two, you're coming with me"

"That's all?"

He nods "You may leave if you have some things to do" he said not looking at me.

I exited his office and made my way back to mine to ready my stuff.

-

I sat on one of the benches near the parking lot of the building, waiting for Zack to come. I smiled when I finally saw his car and stopped infront of me.

"Hey babe" he exited the car and walks towards me, kissing me on the cheek, smiling.

"Hey" I smiled back. He opened the passenger seat before me and I step in. He sat on the driver's seat and started the engine.

-----

A/N

So here it is! The chap 4. It's a little short than usual but there are things in here that is important so make sure you get all the clues.

Thank you for the almost 150 reads. I never really expected it to reach that reads. I know it's only a few readers for some but for me, IT'S HUGE.

Don't forget to vote and comment! You can message me directly if you want to give feedback. It would be a big help!

Keep safe! Luvya!!

-mae