Chapter 2

The next day

February 8
8:05 am

My phone ringing aroused me from my deep sleep

My phone ringing aroused me from my deep sleep. I tried to ignore it but it just won't stop. I slowly opened my eyes and look at the mini clock placed on my nightstand.

Who the hell will call and interrupt my sleep at 8 o'clock?

I rubbed my eyes while reaching for my phone that was also placed on my nightstand. I swipe it up not bothering to look on who's calling.

Whoever's calling me now must have a good reason or else..

"Hello?" A voice of man calls from the other line.

"Ya?" I answered with my sleepy voice.

"I'm sorry did I wake you up?"

"No, it's fine" of course its not fine! "What's the matter?"

"I need you in my office right now." He said, "I know it's your day off but I have some important things to discuss with you."

"Oh okay. Sure" I got up from the bed and stretch my arms.

"Can you make it at 9?" He asked. I walked towards the bathroom and placed my phone on the countertop near the sink and put the call on speaker. I look at the time on my phone and my eyes widened. It's already 8:15

"Yeah, sure."

"Thank you. Bye"

"Bye" and there I hang the phone up and grabbed my toothbrush to brush my teeth. I need to move fast 'cause I only have about 45 minutes left.

I picked up my phone to play some music. It's my little habit of playing songs whenever I'm in a shower.

I played Taylor Swift "You belong with me" and sang with it in the shower.

You're on the phone
With your girlfriend
She's upset
She's going off about something that you said
'Cause she doesn't get your humor like I do.

I'm in the room
It's a typical Tuesday night
I'm listenin' to the kind of music she doesn't like
And she'll never know your story like I do.

But she wear short skirts
I wear T-shirt
She cheers Captain and I'm on the bleachers
Dreaming 'bout the day
When you wake up and find
That what you're looking for
Has been here the whole time

If you could see that I'm the one who understands you
Been here all along
So why can't you see
You belong with me

You belong with me.

I grabbed my shampoo and started to wash my hair, singing.

Walkin' the streets
With you and your worn-out jeans
I can't help thinkin' this is how it ought to be
Laughing on a park bench thinking to myself
"Hey isn't this easy?"

And you've got a smile that could light up this whole town
I haven't seen it in a while
Since she brought you down
You say you're fine, I know you better than that
Hey, what you doin' with the girl like that?

Dancing around and singing my heart out as I scrub my body, a knock was heard from the front door. At first I didn't pay attention to them but then the knock get a little louder. I frown and rinse the soap in my body and grabbed a towel.

I wrapped it around me and walk towards the closet to grab something nice to wear on work.

I walk out of the bedroom and down the stairs with a towel in my head.

"Who's that?" I asked and walk to the front door. I turn the knob and I blink at the sight infront of me.

"Hi!" He said waving his large hand. I noticed he was holding a paper bag with his right hand.

"Hi" I said awkwardly. "What's up?" I asked raising my brow.

"Nothing actually. Just wanna give this to you." He handed me a bag with chips and marshmallows inside. I smile widely. This is my favorite.

"Aww, thank you."

"I'm sorry for what happened yesterday." He said as he lower his head.

"Nah, it's just a stain. You don't need to apologize. Besides, it's in the past now. It doesn't matter anymore."

"Yah" he answered, a hint of sadness and guilt on his voice.

He looks down on me and open his mouth to speak but decided against it.

"I got to go now, I have my boss waiting for me. And I don't want to get fired" I said after a few silence.

"Do you have any car?"

"Nope."

"Well come on, I'll take you there." He said as he grab my wrist but I stop him.

"Michael, I will not go on work with this!" I said pointing on the towel wrapped around my head.

He laughs and release his grip, "Yeah right. I'll wait here"

"Ya sure? Come inside" I said motioning for him to follow me. At first he hesitates but after a few minutes of insisting, he finally follows and I closed the door behind him.

"This place's nice" he said as he look around my house.

"Thanks" I said and smile. "You can sit there on the couch. I'll be back in a few minutes." I point out the couch that was placed near the TV and the fireplace. I run upstairs and into my room.

I removed my towel and grabbed everything that I need. I put on a light make-up and fix my hair a bit.

-------

Michael's POV

I slowly make my way to the living room and sat down on one of the couch. This place were a bit smaller than mine but it has a good interior too. I look around and observe my surroundings until I found a picture. My eyes widen and I bit my lower lip as I try not to cry.

I walked slowly towards the shelves full of picture frames and saw a familiar face. I grabbed the frame and stare at it for minutes. I can't help but cry at the sight of it.

Why is it here?

Is she related to her?

Thousands of questions running on my mind that I can't answer. These thoughts were making me dizzy and confusion runs through my whole body.

The sound of Keisha's footsteps tear me out of thoughts and I quickly put back the picture to it's place.

I wiped off the tears and straighten my button-up shirt, not wanting for her to be worried on why I cried so sudden.

"Hey" I said when I finally fixed myself and turn to her direction near the staircase.

"You look beautiful" I added, "You ready?" I asked and walks towards her.

She nods and grabbed her purse, "You don't need to do this, you know" she shrugged, "I can just call a cab, I don't want to bother anyone"

"You're not bother anyone, especially me." I explained, "and besides, I insist" I said and reached out my hand for her. She grabbed it and we got outside.

I hope she doesn't notice the way I'm holding to her hand because our hands were intertwined and I like it that way.

I opened the door to the passenger seat and I hoped on the driver's, starting up the engine and drove off.

---------
A/N

So here it is!! I hope you like it. Sorry for the mistakes and errors.

Don't forget to vote and comment! Thank you for reading! See you on the next chap!

-mae