Chapter 3

Keisha's POV

"So, where are we heading to?" He asks as soon as he started the engine.

"At a coffee shop near the Aurum Towers" I lied. I don't actually work at a coffee shop, I work at the A.T as a secretary. I don't want to be a hassle to him so I set the location a little near.

"Oh, seems like we're both on the way" he said smiling. I smiled back and sat back comfortably on my seat with my head resting on the car's door.

The ride was quiet and if silence could kill, we're both dead by now. I wanted to ask him so bad on why he's crying as I can clearly see it on his puffy red eyes but still, I don't have any rights to ask him especially if it's on his private life.

Only the sound of the car engine can be heard as well as our heartbeats as we drove through the busy streets of L.A.

Suddenly, a familiar song plays on the radio and I automatically snapped my fingers to the beat.

After a few seconds, I can hear him sing the lyrics of the song and I swear, his voice is so soothing.

"You have an amazing voice!" I said in amusement.

"Really? I didn't know that" he said shrugging. "I always thought my voice sounds terrible"

"Are you kidding me? Yours sounds like an angel while mine sounds like a horse" I joked and he laughed a high-pitched laugh that I found so cute

What the hell did I just say?

Focus Keisha! This is cheating! You.have.a.boyfriend.already

"Is there something wrong?" He asks, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Oh no, nothing's wrong" I faked a smile. Why is this bothering me so much. I can't just fall for a guy who I've met a day ago and I have a boyfriend! No no no.

"Then why did you stopped snapping your fingers? I was ready to get into the chorus part!" he said pouting. Oh boy, please stop!

"Oh sorry"

"Nah just kidding" he smiled once again.

A few minutes passed and I can feel the car slowing down as he parked in front of a coffee shop.

"Why are we here?" I asked, confusion written all over my face. This isn't my work place.

"You said you work here?" He awkwardly asked back, like I should have known it already.

I mentally slapped my forehead. How could I forgot about it? I'm the worst liar ever.

"Oh yeah, thanks" I awkwardly laughed and grabbed my purse. I hopped out of the car and thanked him.

"Thanks again and sorry"

"For what?" He asked

"For this. You don't need to do this an-"

"It's okay, and I insist. Take care!" He waved goodbye and closed the window. Seconds passed and I can see his car drove away.

I decided to enter the coffee shop and grab some coffee as I haven't eaten anything yet. I ordered some coffee and waited for it for a few minutes then walked out of the shop.

I looked at my watch and I almost spit the hot coffee from my mouth at the back of the lady in front of me. Panic runs through my body as I quickly drank all of the coffee. I could feel my throat getting burned but I don't mind, I have to get going fast.

The man beside me looked at me like I'm a weird alien or something but I don't care. My work's more important than his judgemental eyes.

I grasped my purse tightly and ran towards the nearby building. I aggressively pushed the glass doors and went to the elevator.