Chapter 1

KEISHA'S POV

February 7
22:11

Via Rosario - event place and resort

Little chats filled the room as hours passed by

Little chats filled the room as hours passed by. Every table has its own topic and the guests seem to get comfortable with each other minute by minute. Some guests are laughing, some were expressing their opinions, some were opening up about their family problems and some of them are even crying. This event seems to be a reunion rather than being a wedding.

The room goes quiet as the groom which is my brother, Maui - I always teased him and sing the song from Moana and he'll throw me a big pillow straight into my pretty face - raised a glass and calls for cheers.

We all raised our glass full of champagne- but mine is grape wine - in the center of each table, "To Maui and Kate!" I shouted raising my glass up. "To Maui and Kate!" they answered in unison.

There we drank on whatever there is in our glass and sat down. I'm still holding my glass, not wanting it to be mixed up with others.

Only our family and Kate's parents are the ones who occupied this circle table place in the right side of Via Rosario - the reception place.

The setting of the reception was somewhat elegant, considering that there's a big chandelier proudly hanging in the middle of the venue, lighting up the whole area. This place has ten tables, five on the left side, and five on the right.

This place wasn't as large as you may think it is but it's somehow big enough to fit all of us in here. The wedding isn't that huge, it's just our families, a few relatives and friends in here. The crowd isn't as large as it is earlier at church cuz some of them left after the ceremony end.

As I look around the venue, the thought of my brother having a family of his own pops up in my head. I'm so proud of my brother that he now has a chance to build a family of his own. He didn't have a good and permanent job though, but he's trying to find some.

Time flies so fast, doesn't it?

You we're just little kids back then but now, one of you were already married. Thinking of this makes me dream of having a family of my own, having a partner that you're willing to be with through ups and downs, loving each other wholeheartedly.

I wonder when will Zack going to marry me? I mean, I would love to marry him but he never opened any topic connected to marriage and whenever I tried to talk about it he just ended up not being comfortable. He hadn't proposed to me yet but he gave me a promise ring and I think it's better than nothing. It's not like I want to rush things, I just don't want myself to be left alone when I get older.

I'm scared that I'll be left alone, scared of having no one to hold on to.

We've been together for almost 3 years now and I'm hoping we'll get married soon because we're not getting any younger. I'm 29 and he's turning 30 this May. At this point of our age, we should be settled by kids then, but like I always say, "If you want something, it will be given to you but just in the right time. It takes patience and trust."