The bicycle thief

Danielas POV:

Today manny's father, Javier, who I used to live with too before we moved here, is picking manny and I up and he's going to take us to Disneyland! I can't wait I've never been to Disneyland before. When I was little, my mother promised me that one day when we had enough money she would take me to Disneyland. We kept a jar that we put money away in for years trying to save enough to go but it never worked. Today I'm taking the money with me and I'm gonna buy something to always remember her by.

I was sitting at the table eating breakfast with Gloria and just talking about random things then jay came in.

"Hey, I called that place in Napa and got us upgraded to a villa with a hot tub. So pack whatever you wear in a hot tub" jay said while walking over to give Gloria a kiss.

"I usually wear nothing when I'm in a hot tub" she replied.

"Ew I'm right here!" I said, disgustedly. Gloria turned and laughed at me.

"Limo gets here at 4:00, so I thought I'd go to the club hit a few balls" jay said before turning to leave.

"No what about the fan In manny's room?" Gloria questioned.

"Oh, yeah. Call a guy" jay said, nonchalantly.

"No! You're supposed to do it with him. It's important that we teach him how to do things by himself. In my culture, men take great pride in doing physical labor" Gloria said

"I know. That's why I hire people from your culture" jay replied.

Gloria laughed sarcastically before telling him, "you're too funny. I'm gonna share that one with my next husband when we're spending all your money" and with that she left him Looking shocked.

"Well she got you there jay" I said, before also leaving him.
I went to go find Gloria to see if she wanted to do something with me since manny and jay were doing stuff together. I found her sitting in the family room, so I went over.

"Hey Gloria?" I questioned shyly.

"Si, mi niña?"
(Yes, baby girl?)

"I was just wondering if you wanted to do something together, since jay and manny are I thought we could too" I said whilst playing with my fingers, something I do when I'm nervous.

"Of course we can! How about we watch the new episodes of fuego y hielo?"

"Ooh yes I want to know what happened to Eduardo and Carmen" I squealed.

I went over and sat on the couch whilst Gloria walked over to the closet to get something. She came back a minute later with a blanket and sat next to me pulling it over the two of us. I moved closer so I could cuddle into Gloria as we watched our favorite Colombian telenovela (soap opera). This was just like old times. Gloria, my mom and I used to do this all the time while my dad, Javier and manny would be out doing something together. I miss my mom all the time but not my dad. My dad had a dark secret, he used to hit my mom and one day he took it too far, but I'll save that story for another day.

We had just finished the first episode when I suggested taking up some drinks for jay and manny, because they had been up there a while now. We got two glasses of lemonade and put them on a silver tray, then headed up to manny's room. As we got closer I could hear them talking but couldn't quite make out what they were saying.

"What's going on in there?" Gloria asked.

"That's not step 4" I heard manny say.

"Don't Worry about it" jay replied.

"But, it says right here that you should-" manny started but jay cut him off.

"That's worrying about it"