Great expectations

‼️I just want to say before you read this there will be a trigger warning for this chapter so if your uncomfortable reading or hearing about death, please look out for this '⚠️'. When that emoji comes up you'll know why.‼️

Daniela's POV:

Today is Phil and Claire's anniversary, so Jay and Gloria offered to have all of the kids over later.

I was in the kitchen arguing with manny about which one of us is better at sports. Gloria is on the phone and Jay is doing the dishes.

"Of course we would love to have the baby. All the other cousins are sleeping over tonight" Gloria said to whoever was on the phone, probably Cam.

"The more, the merrier" Jay added.

"Okay, see you tonight. Bye bye" Gloria hung up the phone.

"Is haley still coming?" Manny asked, hopefully.

"You're related. I will spray you with a hose" Jay threatened.

Jay has this tradition that he does with all of the grandkids called jays night. All of them come over to the house and stay over. We all eat sloppy jays, which are really just sloppy joes, and wear our pijamas and watch an old western movie. This is manny and I's first so I don't really know what to expect.

It's a couple hours later now and Mitch and Cam just dropped Lily off. Jay is in the kitchen making his sloppy jays and unfortunately for everyone else in this house, Gloria is singing at the top of her voice trying to get lily to go to sleep.

"So, Lily likes that, that... singing?" Jay asked as Gloria came into the kitchen.

"I wouldn't even call that singing. It's more like screeching" I mumbled, hoping no one would hear.

"Yes. It relaxes her" Gloria whispered.

"Oh, okay" jay said sarcastically.

Gloria continued singing. I really didn't think it was possible, but it somehow got worse.

"So Lily's deaf" Jay whispered to me as he went to answer the door.

"There are my little stinkers" Jay said, opening the door.

"Hi, Grandpa" Luke said.

"Come on in"

"Hey" Gloria and I said.

"Hola" Alex replied.

"Hola, hola"

"Well, hello there, Haley" manny greeted.

"Take it down a notch, Jethro" Jay warned.

"So, you guys ready for some fun?" Jay continued.

Luke suddenly ran at jay, hugging him as tight as possible.

"I love you, grandpa, and I'm never gonna forget you" Luke said.

"Okay, okay. Back at ya, champ" jay replied.

After that I walked back into the kitchen with Gloria carrying lily. I started setting up the card game like jay had asked and soon enough we were sitting playing. I had no clue what I was doing so I was just kinda watching Gloria, since I was sitting closest to her.

"I got nothing" jay sighed, putting his cards down.

"I think I have a very good pair" Gloria said.

"You sure do, honey" jay added.

"And I got squat" Alex said, also putting her cards down.

"I don't think I have anything either" Haley sighed.