En garde

Daniela's POV:

"Bravo!" Gloria shouted as manny won another point.

Today we are at manny's fencing competition. He's really good and hasn't lost a single match yet. I actually think he could win this.

The ref blew his whistle and another round started. Manny just ran forwards and jabbed. He was so good the other kid didn't even see him coming. Manny earned another point that.

"Bravo Manny!" Gloria shouted for what felt like the hundredth time.

"Did you know that fencing goes back to the 12th century?" Alex asked Haley.

"You know what's even nerdier than fencing? Knowing when it began" Haley said.

"I don't think you're a nerd, Alex" Luke said, sweetly.

"Shut up, dork" Alex groaned.

"All right. That's my boy!" Jay shouted.

I turned around when I got hit in the back with something. It was Cam. He had a camera on a long pole and he was holding it in the air trying to capture everything on film.

"Would this be easier if we suspended you from a crane?" Mitchell questioned.

"Any monkey can shoot a home movie" Cam replied.

I turned back just in time to see manny win the final point. Everyone cheered and Gloria and Claire jumped up and down hugging each other.

"No. No, no, no, no! My phone died" Haley groaned.

"No biggie. Your battery probably just statically defracticated" Alex said.

"What?" Haley asked.

"It means you can recharge it with static electricity. Just rub it on your hair" Alex joked.

Haley took the battery from her phone and actually started rubbing in on her hair. I can't believe she actually fell for that.

"You know, I used to go to the houses of my friends, I'd see their kids' trophies, and it used to bug me, you know, because there was never a trophy in my house. Not until this one" jay said, putting one arm around Gloria and one gripping Phil's knee.

"Oh, that's a good grip. Can we switch seats?" Phil asked Claire.

Claire just ignored him though. Cam had now taken to running back and forth in front of everyone, so that he could get the right shot.

"Cam, people are staring" Mitchell groaned.

"I know you're not supposed to care, but it's kinda cool to have a kid in your house who's the best at something. You know what I mean?" Jay questioned.

The buzzer went off again, implying that the match was over.

"How about a nice round of applause for our winner, Manny Delgado. Manny now moves onto the championship, where he'll be competing against Caroline Markum. We'll see you all back here at 4:30" The ref said.

"Well done manny! I knew you could do it!" I ran over giving him a really tight hug.

"Thanks Dani" manny smiled back.

"I wanna thank you guys for coming by and supporting the kid. You guys are the best!" Jay said, smacking Phil on the back.

"Why, Claire?" Phil groaned.

Then we all headed our separate ways. As we were walking away though I turned around just in time to see cam chasing Mitchell with his camera.

The whole way home in the car jay wouldn't stop talking about how great manny was and how proud he was. I mean I get it, but come on this is just a little much now.