Undeck the halls

Daniela's POV:

I can't wait! Today is Christmas Eve. Meaning tomorrow is Christmas my absolute favorite holiday of the year.

Right now manny and I are watching miracle on 34th street with jay. Apparently it's the best Christmas movie ever. Here's the thing though, manny and I bought a fake copy on the internet that has a jumpscare in the middle of it. I can't wait to see jays face.

"Are you crying?" I asked looking at the tears on jays cheeks.

"What are you, a robot? It's a deeply emotional movie" jay told me.

"Manny, Dani, mis amores, I need you to help me in the kitchen" my mom asked.

"We gotta finish this first, Gloria. The kids have never seen miracle on 34th street" jay said.

"That's because they always spend Christmas in Colombia with my family. And all we see there is Salazar and El Oso save Christmas" My mom explained.

"Sounds like a classic" jay said.

"It is" manny added.

"Mom, can we please finish the movie?" I asked as sweetly as possible.

"Okay" she agreed sitting on the arm of the couch.

Jay unpaused the movie and manny and I looked at each other. It has to be coming soon. Right then, a monster looking thing jumped onto the screen, screaming.

"Oh! What the hell is that?" Jay shrieked.

"Inocente!" Manny and I shouted at the same time.

"What the hell?" Jay questioned as the three of us were laughing our heads off.

"When you told me we were watching this movie, Dani and I got a joke copy from the internet. You are the inocente!" Manny explained.

"Well, maybe I'm a little confused right now. What is this "inocente" stuff?" Jay asked.

"In Colombia, practical jokes are a Christmas tradition. The one that is fooled is the inocente!" My mom said.

"We tell practical jokes on April fools day. Do not do that again" jay groaned.

Manny and I got up, laughing and followed my mom into the kitchen so we could help her cook.

After we cleaned up all of the mess we made in the kitchen. Jay had an announcement.

"Okay. Tonight, 9:00 sharp, we open one present each. Pajamas, which we sleep in. Tomorrow morning, 7:00 Manny, Dani on the stairs for the Christmas picture. Then we open presents" Jay told us.

"In Colombia, they open presents at midnight and stay up till morning" manny added.

"I'm sure they do, but as you'll notice from the absence of goats in the street, we are not in Colombia" Jay said.

I looked at my mom with my mouth hung opened, she did the same.

"Come on! I'm kidding" Jay laughed.

"Why can't we mix a couple of Colombian traditions in?" My mom asked.

"Like what?" Jay questioned.

"Like fireworks" I suggested.

"Come on. You don't have fireworks in Colombia. You're trying to make me the inocente again" Jay said.

"No, we do. At night the sky is beautiful. Very Christmassy" my mom told jay.

"That doesn't make any sense" jay said.