Coal digger

Daniela's POV:

"Let's go, guys. School time." Jay shouted walking into the kitchen, where manny and I were eating breakfast.

"Oh, and Gloria, if you want to get together with the girls later, I could just, you know, watch the football game or something" Jay added.

"That means he wants to watch a football game" Manny said.

"Shh! Don't ruin this for Jay and I" I whispered to him.

"I'm not talking to you. What are you drinking coffee for anyway?" Jay asked Manny.

"It's my culture. I'm Colombian" Manny said.

"Yeah, so am I and I'm not drinking coffee" I told Manny.

"Oh, yeah? What part of Colombia are those French toaster sticks from?" Jay asked.

"Ha. He got you there, Manny" I laughed.

"Babe I'm not sure about the game. The whole family's coming over for the barbecue" Gloria said.

"No! Why today?" I groaned.

"That's today?" Jay asked.

"Sí" Manny answered.

"It's the Ohio state game" Jay said.

"So? Everyone can watch" Gloria brushed it off.

"I don't like watching the game with people who don't know the game. People talk" jay continued.

"You talk at my football games" manny added.

"For one thing, it's called soccer. Your team scored two goals all season, both scored by Dani in the one match she played before she was kicked off. I'm not taking a big risk. How much of this did you drink?" Jay asked manny, referring to the coffee.

"Give me a break. I have to climb a rope today" manny said sipping his coffee.

"Once again, so do I" I added.

*a few hours later*  

Well this day didn't go as planned.

It's just after lunch and I'm sitting in the principals office with Luke, Manny, Jay and Gloria, we're waiting on Phil and Claire. Luke and manny were fighting over something dumb and somehow I ended up getting involved and then a teacher had to come and break us all up. So now here we are.

The door opened and in came Phil and Claire.

"What are you doing here? Phil asked.

"These three knuckleheads were fighting each other" jay replied.

"What?" Claire sounded surprised.

"Could've been worse. I was not ready to face Durkas today" Phil added.

Phil and Claire sat down next to Luke, Gloria was next to Manny and I was in between Gloria and Jay.

"So what happened?" Claire questioned.

"Well, apparently there was some name-calling and shoving on the playground. By the time a teacher separated them, Daniela was pinning Luke on the floor because he had been sitting on Manny's chest" The principal told everyone.

"Dani what have I told you about getting involved in fights? Luke that's not like you" jay said.

"Wait a minute. You're Luke's father?" The principal asked.

"Grandfather" Jay corrected.

"So manny's father is?" The principal asked.

"Javier. Crazy guy. That's where he gets his fire" Gloria added.