The incident

Daniela's POV:

I was sitting on the sofa trying to find something interesting to watch, whilst waiting for manny to get home from his sleepover.

"Jay, Dani, I'm home" Gloria shouted coming through the door.

"Hey" I said when Gloria walked into the family room.

"Did manny call?" She asked.

"No, because he's fine. It was a slumber party, not a gang fight"
Jay answered for me.

"I just want him to fit in. I'm gonna take a shower. Do you care to join me?" Gloria asked Jay.

"Ew. I'm literally right here. Do you have to do that?" I said disgustedly.

"You know, honey, there's a gun in the footlocker in the garage. If I ever say no to that question, I want you to use it on me" jay replied.

"Oh that's good to know. Next time I have to see this, I might just use it on myself. I joked.

They both giggled, not even paying attention to me and started going upstairs.

Suddenly, I heard a loud bang come from upstairs, where jay and Gloria just went. I shot off the couch and ran up to see what it was.

"What happened? Are you okay?" I panicked.

"Yeah baby, it was just a bird that hit the window" Gloria reassured me.

"Oh, god. That's a bad sign" I said, panicking again.

"Okay, calm down. I'm sure it's nothing" jay said.

"No, the last time this happened was the day my mom died. What- what if something bad is gonna happen to you or manny. What if something has already happened to him and we're too late" I said, as my heart started racing and my breathing picked up slightly.

I hate having anxiety. It always shows up at the worst times.

"Baby you need to breathe. Look at me and copy what I'm doing"
I looked at Gloria and watched as she breathed in and out. After a couple of deep breaths I had calmed down.

"Okay while we go in the shower, go call manny and he'll be fine. Trust me" jay assured me.

I did as he said and went down to call manny. He picked up after two rings and he said he was okay and that he was on his way home now. I said goodbye and went back to the couch to watch some tv while I waited.

*30 minutes later*

Jay and Gloria had finished with their shower and have now joined me to watch tv. We were watching some boring documentary that jay put on, when manny came in.

"Hey guys, I'm home" he shouted.

"Ay, papi! Did you have fun at the slumber party? You must be exhausted" Gloria asked.

"No, I'm not tired at all. I was the first one to fall asleep" manny replied.

"What's on your face?" I asked laughing.

"A smile from having such a good time with my friends" manny said.

"No. Come here" Gloria said, leading him over to the big mirror.

"Oh. That's why they were laughing. I thought it was my funny take on current events" Manny sighed.

"Why would they do something like that?" Gloria asked.

"Don't worry about it. Guys pull pranks all the time. You just gotta prank 'em back. You just gotta show 'em you're willing to give as good as you get" jay told us.