Chapter 9

-Jenna Caldwell-

"Jenna?.....Jenna?!" I snap out of my daze and look around me. My boss, Callie is trying to get my attention. "Hm? Yeah?" I asked sitting up straighter in my seat as she sighs. "What's going on with you? You seem distracted lately." She crosses her arms and watches me. I thought for a moment, unsure of how to respond. It has been two days since Scotty has asked me to be his girlfriend, so you can say I haven't been my normal self lately. Everything that I do, I always seem to be thinking of him in the back of my mind, and I wouldn't want to have it any other way.

I glance back up to my annoyed boss and I take a deep breath. "Sorry Callie. I've just been tired lately, and seem to have a lot on my mind. I won't let it effect my work." I apologized and she nodded. "It's okay. Just keep in mind that around here we strive to make our costumers happy with whatever work they need done. If those standards aren't met, we will have to take some measures to make sure that our business keeps its high name." She lectured. I nodded and waited until she turned and walked out before I pulled out my phone from my pocket. I saw a text from Scotty and I opened it immediately.

Scotty: "You and me, dinner tonight after you get off. I'll pick you up at 6:00. :)"

I smiled and sent a quick text back.

Me: "Sounds great! See you tonight."

I set aside my phone and turned on my laptop. It was currently 2:00, and I get off at 4. I have about 2 hours to work on editing some photos from the session I helped out with the other day. I thought about what Callie had told me, and she was right. I need to make sure that I didn't get too distracted at work. This was the best opportunity I have gotten in awhile, and I wouldn't want to get it taken away. I flipped through photos and got engrossed in my work. I was so into it, that when I looked at the clock, I noticed that I was supposed to go home 10 minutes ago. I finished editing my last photo, and shut down my laptop. I had to go home and get ready for my date with Scotty tonight.

I drove home and found an outfit to wear. I decided on a cute blue sweater that I bought a month ago, black pants, and a pair of black boots. I applied a little bit of makeup and straightened my hair before I heard a knock on my front door.

"Hang on a second." I shouted as I made my way to the front door. I checked myself in the mirror in the hall before opening the door to reveal Scotty. He smiled and my heart skipped a beat when I caught a glimpse of what he was wearing.

He had on a white button down shirt, a pair of dress pants, and a pair of black boots. My eyes went back up to his hair and I smiled. It was spiked up in the front and looked really good on him. I must've been staring too long because a blush started to form on his cheeks.

"You look beautiful." He rubbed the back of his neck and I smiled back. "Thank you. And you look very handsome tonight." I winked. He chuckled and I noticed that he was holding a small box. His eyes followed mine and he cleared his throat.

"This is for you. I figured I would give it to you before we head off to dinner." He explained handing me the small box. I opened it and revealed a beautiful necklace with a small camera charm on the end. "I love it! Thank you so much Scotty!" I smile and gave him a hug. "I'm glad you like it! I saw it at the store this morning, and it instantly made me think of you." He explained and I handed it to him and turned around so he could put it around my neck. Once it was on, he smiled.

"It looks better than what I pictured." He leaned down and gave me a kiss. I smiled against his lips and grapped his hand. I pulled him beside me to the mirror and I looked at the necklace in the mirror. He was right, it looked beautiful with my outfit, and I gave him a kiss on the cheek. "Thank you Scotty. I absolutely love it!" I thanked him again and he nodded. "Anything for my girl." He smirked and my smile widened. He was so sweet. How did I get so lucky?

Scotty helped me into his truck, and he held my hand as we drove to the restaurant. "So how was work today?" He asked breaking the silence. "It was good. I got almost all of my photos done from the last session I did." I explained and he nodded. "Sounds productive." I smiled and squeezed his hand. "How was your day?" I asked flipping the topic over to him. "My day was pretty eventful. I went to get some Christmas shopping done, I texted you, went home and took a nap, got up, wrote some music, took a shower, and then came to get you." He smiled at that last part and then looked over at me. I smiled back and then remembered that Christmas was coming up soon and I hadn't done any shopping yet. Since I'm pretty sure Scotty was getting me something, I knew that I would have to do the same. I can't even remember the last time I went Christmas shopping. Ever since my parents passed away, I had no reason to go. But now, things are different. I made a mental note to clear my schedule so I could go shopping and then realized that Scotty was saying something. "What do you say?" He asked as I noticed that we were sitting in a parking lot outside of the restaurant.

"What was that? Sorry, I zoned out for a moment." He chuckled and shook his head. "I was just asking if you would come over for Christmas." He smiled and traced his thumb over mine. I smiled and nodded. "Sure! Sounds great." I answered and he leaned in for a kiss.

As we walked into the restraurant for dinner, I couldn't help but feel that things couldn't get any better. For once in my life, I was truly happy. I have an amazing boyfriend, and I won't be alone on Christmas.

The rest of the night was perfect. We ate an amazing dinner, and talked about life. Afterwards, he took me back home and we curled up on the couch to watch some movies, where I started drifting off to sleep. I was awakened when I felt two arms picking me up.

"Shh.. I'm just carrying you to your bed." Scotty whispered and I shut my eyes and nestled my head in his shoulder. He placed me in my bed and covered me up. "Goodnight beautiful." He kissed my forehead and turned to leave. "No." I groaned grabbing his hand. "Stay." I begged and moved over so he could lay down. "You sure?" He asked crawling into my bed. I nodded and moved closer to him. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me closer. "Okay. I'll stay." He said and I felt safer in his arms. I smiled and closed my eyes as I listened to his heart beat. It was a perfect ending to a great night.