Chapter 10

-Scotty McCreery-

I awake the next morning and feel confusion for a minute. It felt like something was on top of me, and when I looked down, I saw Jenna asleep on my chest. Then I remembered last night and how she asked me to stay and smiled. She shifted a little, and then her eyes fluttered open.

"Good morning beautiful." I kissed her forehead. She smiled and yawned. "Good morning." She replied sitting up and reaching for her phone on the nightstand. I watched her closely as she typed in her pass code and was taken aback by how beautiful she looked in the morning. Yes, she always looked beautiful, but there is just something about seeing her in her normal element and not all fixed up for dinner or a date. It's very comfortable and relaxing. Her hair was slightly out of place from where she slept, but she still looks drop dead gorgeous.

She typed some reply in her phone, and looked over at me. "You hungry?" She asked. I nodded and pushed the blanket off of me. "Sure am. Let's go get some breakfast." I suggested.

Half an hour later we are sitting in a local diner ordering some breakfast. There was snow falling slowly outside the diner window as Jenna and I sat in the safe haven of the warm diner. "So what's on your agenda for today?" I asked taking a sip of my coffee. I watched Jenna sit down her mug and push her hair back before responding.

"Well, I'm off today.. So I don't know. I was going to watch some Netflix later, maybe eat some icecream.." She rattled off and I chuckled.

"Why don't you just hang out with your hot and wonderful boyfriend.." I winked and she smiled.

"I probably could." She giggled and placed her elbows on the table as she watched me. "What do you have planned?" She asked.

"Let's see, I figured we could do some Christmas shopping, maybe go see a movie, go sledding... and then later I have a small little acoustic Christmas show I have to go to, so you can be my beautiful date to that." I filled her in. Her eyes lit up when I mentioned the last part and I smiled. I think she is starting to warm up to Christmas, which makes me glad because everyone should love Christmas. It's the happiest time of the year.

------

Jenna and I walked hand in hand down the snow lined sidewalk as the cold winter air brushed our faces. The snow had stopped falling, and it wasn't too cold, which made the perfect weather for taking a stroll past the small little stores. Occasionally, we would stop in a store to warm up and then make our way back out to walk and talk some more.

We were talking about some little kids that we saw walking around and I was cracking a joke when my phone went off in my pocket. I pulled it out of my pocket and frowned when I saw Trent's name on the caller ID.

"Hello?" I answered still holding onto Jenna's hand. I glanced over at her, and she was looking down at the ground as we walked. "Hey Scott! What are you up to at the moment?" He asked. Jenna stopped for a moment and motioned to the nearby store. "I'm going to run in there for a few minutes." She explained. I nodded and let go of her hand, and then waited until she disappeared inside to answer Trent.

"I'm out with Jenna." I answered placing the hand that was holding Jenna's just a minute ago into my jean pocket. "Why what do you need?" I asked.

"Well.. It's kind of big... A favor really.." He stuttered and I could sense he was nervous. I took a deep breath and focused on what he was about to ask.

"I need you help.. Some ideas actually..." He went on. I chuckled and leaned against the wall next to the store window. "Come on, spit it out." I prodded.

"Well. Okay. I'm going to propose to your sister and I don't know how to do it. I want it to be big, you know, because your sister is very special and I love her more than anything in this world.." He went on but I blocked him out. He was going to propose? I smiled and tried to contain my excitement. Ashley finally found the one, he's a keeper for sure. He was still going on and I decided to put him out of his misery.