Chapter 37 Julian Something Aylmer, Let Go Off Me

Chapter 37: Julian Something Aylmer, let go off me...

》》》Julian's POV《《《

"I need your help."

"Oh god." I heard her groan and curse. "You had to call me in the middle of a nice dream?"

"Laura, wake up," I told her. It was three a.m. so I wasn't too concerned with anyone looking for me. Everyone was sound asleep, peaceful, lost in their worlds, while I was wide awake all night. "By the way, isn't it almost afternoon for you?"

"Yeah, I was trying to sleep in," she mumbled.

"Well, wake up, sister. Your assistance is much needed," I told her.

"What is it, now? Did you find a new food or new phrase or something?"

"If only," I said, shaking my head. "It's a girl."

"What?" She was definitely awake, now. "Who? Details!"

I looked around taking my time answering. "Her name is Cassandra Evans." I wasn't too sure of what she wanted in the details.

"Yes, I definitely know everything by a name," she replied. I heard the clear sarcasm in her tone even on the mobile. "What does she look like? What's the problem? And it's been a while since I heard you mention someone."

"I know I know. Well, my Cassie has dark hair, much like yours, actually. Beautiful--absolutely beautiful brown eyes. Lightest shade you can find," I smiled and saw a mental image of Cassie. "And her smile. Laura, her smile--when she actually smiles--is...inexplicable--"

"Okay, give me a sec!" she said cutting me off. "Mum! Mum, come here!"

"Laura, don't you dare get Mum involved!" I said, mostly horrified that she was calling Mum over.

"Shut up. I am putting it on speaker, so Mum can give her advice, too," Laura said. I sighed and tried not to yell at her. Was this really necessary?

"Julian?" I heard Mum's excited voice.

"Mum. How is everything?"

"Good, but better now that I hear you got yourself a crush." There was a burst of giggles.

"Ha ha, so funny," I mocked. "Glad you find my problems amusing."

The giggling died down and now, I heard concerned tones. "Julian, what's wrong? How is it going with that girl?" Mum asked.

"She fancies someone else," I sighed and looked at the vast lake. The water seemed so calm and serene...opposite of what my life was.

"Qué pobrecito! My poor baby..." Mum sympathized.

"Make her like you," said Laura as if the answer was that simple.

"How? I have already told you she has feelings for someone else."

"Wait, first tell me your status, then I'll tell you how," she replied.

"Friends. We're friends--in her eyes, that is."

"Ouch. Friend zone," I heard her say in a sad tone. "You still have hope of having her, nonetheless."

"Definitely, after a million years," I said sarcastically.

"Hey, aren't you the optimistic one?" I didn't say anything which gave her a go. "You simply have to get yourself out of that friend zone. Show her you want something more than friendship."

"Cassie isn't like other girls, Laura," I said quietly. A small pebble was a couple of feet away. I moved and kicked it into the lake.

"I have heard that one so many times." I almost saw the eye roll. My sister just had that tendency to undervalue things.