Chapter 44 You're Gonna Marry Julian, then?

Dedicated to nessa129. Guys, her works are awesome. So well written and edited (cherry on top, huh?) You should definitely check out her books if you like simple yet effective romance/teen fiction/humor genres! She is an AMAZING author. (WAAAAAY better than the writer of this book, without any doubt). Love ya!

Chapter 44: You're Gonna Marry Julian, then?

I didn't know what to do as Julian's closed. Partially sniffling and partially horrified, I stood up.

"BRANDON! LUCAS!" I screamed.

No answer. Why in the world were they still inside? I called their names again but no response. I ran to my car to grab my cell phone which had no service. I went back to Julian's side and tried to get him to wake.

"Julian, wake up. I swear I'll punch you if you don't." No response. I slapped his cheek a couple of times, but still nothing. The blood covered the middle of his chest. I tried to check his pulse but I couldn't tell from the wrist. Sniffling--whether it was from the cold or not, I couldn't tell--I brought the pads of my index finger and middle finger to his neck and felt a pulse.

A huge relief.

Just to make sure, I put my hand on his chest and felt for his heartbeat. Before I could process what was happening, a hand wrapped around mine tightly. Julian's eyes flew open.

"Hello."

He burst out laughing at my expression.

More laughter was heard behind us. I looked up to find Brandon and Lucas with their phones out, pointed at me. Brandon held the "spirit of the girl" which was nothing less a puppet or doll. I turned back to Julian who was laughing, clutching onto my hand.

"What the hell is this?" I demanded, pulling my hand away and standing up. If this was what I thought it was, then I was going to be hiding three dead bodies in the cemetery soon.

"The climax of my horror movie!" exclaimed Lucas. "You were supposed to act dumber than that, you know? You don't check the pulse of the dead person in a horror movie or try calling the ambulance!" All three of them were laughing again.

"You guys did all this drama for your goddamn horror movie, Lucas?" I asked outraged. He was lucky he stood a couple of feet away from me.

"Wasn't it great? You really thought he died," Lucas smirked.

"She slapped me six times. I might have very well be dead," Julian said clutching his cheek. "Sheer luck that I'm still alive."

I gave him a glare before bending down to pick up the fake knife. "Let's see how long that lasts." The three of them stared at me in surprise before backing away. I was really ready to murder them all in a heartbeat.

If only the knife's blade wasn't made of plastic.

After chasing each one of them with the knife, I was stopped by Brandon. "Relax, Cass. It was just a funny joke." Lucas and Julian nodded their heads in agreement.

I looked at him shaking my head. "A funny joke?! You three are a bunch of idiots!" I shouted. "Death is not funny! This is not something to joke about, damn it! I- I really thought he- he- ah- shit!" I said dropping the knife. Cursing wasn't my most favorite thing, but I had nothing else to say.

I backed away from them clutching my face. They thought this was just some another prank. Who the hell found it fun to make someone fake death? I kept wiping my eyes which wouldn't stop leaking from the relief and anger at what had just happened.

"Cassie!"

"Sandy!"

"Don't talk to me!" I snapped and wiped my face one last time. The guys stood with guilty looks.