Epilogue

Yes, finally, this lazy bum wrote it and updated. I went through 6 different drafts before finalizing on this one.

Pretty please, check out my story "The Eighth Breakup." Its about a girl who gets blackmailed into breaking up seven couples. All because a heartbroken boy who has photos of her egging the principal's house. Please give it a chance! I entered it for the wattys and for JustWriteit. Its gonna be less than half of half of this book.

Its like the one story after HvsL that I actually feel passionate about, to be honest.

Moving on. I'm never writing an epilogue EVER again.

Epilogue

"Children! Come inside!"

All the kids whined at Cate's order. I chuckled at Cate trying to tell them that it was soon going to rain. She didn't want them bringing mud into the Crowell mansion. Some family reunion. She could neither accept kids playing on their electronics nor playing outside.

"Please, Aunt Cate," they said pouting. Cate shook her head sternly and told them to get in. Her nine year old son, Dean, started throwing a tantrum. Seeing him do that made my eight year old, Luci, join him.

No domino effect, please.

"Cate, relax," I said and walked to the kids."Alright, I have a proposal." The whole bunch of them waited. "You can come inside, get hot chocolate, and wait for the rain to be over or stay out here, get sick and stay in the bed for a long while drinking only soup."

The kids bolted inside as the rain started pouring. One of them even gave me a sideways hug before going in. My sister and I laughed following behind. Visiting my sister and her husband was always nice experience. All the members were now inside, chatting or playing board games. I saw Julian playing chess with Lucas.

I didn't know why Lucas even bothered. None of us could beat my husband. Not even when we teamed up against him.

Cate and I told the kitchen staff to make everyone hot chocolate. Though coming to the Crowell mansion was very rare, the staff still knew Julian and I. And they liked us.

"Okay, everyone has a drink?" I asked. They yelled back a yes.

Actually, Dean accidentally tripped and spilled his drink (because it was hot) on Cate's purse. I was glad it wasn't my kid but her own who did that.

"Lucas!" she called. Lucas told her he was busy so tell him later. I laughed with the children. Cate kept getting irritated over her ruined purse but she didn't shout at little Dean. Dean came over to me and I took him in my lap, handing him my untouched drink.

"Mommy hates me," he said upset.

"No, she doesn't." Maybe she did. But I couldn't tell the poor kid that. "She didn't yell at you now did she?" He shook his head. "See, she loves you." He nodded but made no effort to move.

These kids were heavy and they found sitting in our laps comfortable. Luci had gone over to sit in Julian's lap. If she spilled her drink, I wondered what he would say. She was the epitome of clumsy.

"Julian, Lucia has a hot drink in her hand," I warned. We all watched.

"We're alright, Cassie--" He didn't finish because Luci "accidentally" spilled the liquid on the chess board. Half of the room was laughing while the other half worried.

I was laughing. These kids were one of the best things that happened in my life.

"Sorry, daddy, Uncle Lucas," she said, her eyes down, crying almost. She knew she was going to get away with doing that. The men sighed and postponed the game. One of the servants came and started cleaning the mess.