Chapter 27 Ever Heard of "Suffer In Silence?"

Dedicated to 3Hours_Of_Winter for the awesome support! Means a lot!! Check out her works, people!!

Chapter 27: Ever heard of "Suffer In Silence?"

I got in my car and headed home before deciding to take a u-turn and going to the Emergency room. The pain in my shoulder from the balcony fall was terrible.

So much for being an actor.

My thoughts were interrupted by a long car horn and a random car. I checked my mirrors and the front road, quickly, to find that I was about to get into a head-on collison. The car behind me stopped, and I failed to follow the drill.

I was in the middle of a small, empty intersection with a black car coming my way. I tried to get my car to swerve right--away from the car coming straight ahead. Instead of tapping my foot down on just the gas pedal, I panicked. I pushed both the gas and break pedals, simultaneously.

The only thing I remember happening next was the other car swerving in the opposite direction.

But, there was no point. My car ran into a tree as I raised the emergency break in the middle.

After that, I was unaware of everything.

¤》¤《¤

I slowly opened my eyes to adjust to the brightness of the room. It was pretty empty aside from the medical cabinets, monitors, and other hospital room materials. My doctor stood with a clipboard and a stethoscope. She gave a big, warm smile upon seeing me waking up.

I've had the same doctore since I was seven. The same gray-haired, gray-eyed woman but just more matured. She was probably around sixty, now.

"You missed me, Sandy?" Dr. Vargo asked with a grin.

I gave a slight nod and took a deep breath which seemed a little painful. Some of my body ached and I looked at my doctor.

"Any broken bones?"

"Nope," she smiled.

"Broken ribs?"

"Not that I know of."

"Why is my body hurting then?" I groaned.

"Probably from the eleven stitches you received. Not to forget the torn muscles." Her smile dropped at the words, and she went back to jotting down things in an unintelligble handwriting.

Doctors.

"Who hit me?" I asked slowly as I remembered everything.

"Some young man. He is waiting outside for you. Unfortunately, you bumped into a tree along with his car," she said with a sad look.

"I am not exactly sure what happened," I said as I clutched my aching head.

"Here," Dr. Vargo said handing me a pill. A glass of water sat next to my bed on a table. I took the pill and waited for her to continue. "Well, Sandy, I am not exactly sure of all the facts. All I heard was that you drifted off from your lane to the dead center of the road, panicked, and ended up colliding with another car."

I thought about it. I had been lost in my thoughts about school and the play Ms. Spruance mentioned.

"Damn!" I muttered, clutching my head. My hand ran over something. Bandage. Dr. Vargo saw my confusion.

"First, no bad language," she scolded, "second, you have two stitches on your forehead."

"Great," I mumbled annoyed.

She rolled her eyes and said, "Relax. You're fine. That's all that matters right now. I'll am going to check some things. Meanwhile, you can see your grandmother and the person whom you got in a car accident with."