Valentine's Day Revenge

I tried to fix all the mistakes in the chapter. If I missed anything, please kindly point it out :)

Thanks for reading!! Love ya, peeps!

Chapter 3: Valentine's Day Revenge

Valentine's Day.

February fourteenth.

The worst day of the year.

This wasn't happening to me. Maybe it was a dream or a nightmare or a nightmare dressed like a daydream. Lightly, I slapped the side of head and looked around.

Nope.

No Taylor Swift or anyone special.

It was still Valentine's Day.

Nevetheless, I looked around for an escape route. With my not-so perfect attendance record, I couldn't afford an absence. Julian sauntered by my side since he didn't know where the Forensics classroom was. I searched for someone who could show him where to go. Where were his cousins on his first day of school?

The Crowells lacks a sense of responsibility.

Julian wasn't their enemy's guest.

"Are you alright, Cassie?" Julian asked concerned.

"No," I replied. "Where's Stacey, Macey, and Lucas?"

"I dunno," he shrugged. "They said something about coming in late since they had study hall first period. I didn't wanna be tardy on my first day, so I got dropped off."

"Sorry to break it to you, but Lucas is in our Literature class," I said with a pitiful glance.

I know.

Reality checks are quite fatal, but I took my chances with him.

"So, he's skipping," Julian said in realization.

I shrugged. His cousin wasn't my problem nor will he ever be. My eyes landed on my closest friend, Piper Hurst. She stood next to her locker, taking out a textbook. As she slammed her locker shut, I stood in front of her.

One look at her blotchy face and messy blonde bun made me forget all about my plan on escaping. Her emerald green eyes lacked their usual brightness, looking red and puffy. Some of her mascara was smudged. Overall, she seemed glum which happened once in a blue moon.

Julian stood next to me waiting. He didn't have another option because for me, friends always come first.

"Piper, you okay?" I asked genuinely concerned.

"I'll tell you in class." She examined the foreigner as she said that. He offered her a smile and waited for us rather patiently.

I nodded in understanding. She didn't want to mention anything in front of Julian.

"Let's go."

¤》¤《¤

I ended up introducing Julian and Piper in the Forensics classroom because Piper was unexceptionally quiet on our way. I didn't want to poke around and interrogate her with Julian sitting behind us.

Since we had a substitute, the class wasn't too exciting. Our regular teacher had left us some boring investigation to watch. I almost fell asleep the first five minutes in.

Notice how I said almost? Yeah well, the new edition to the Crowell family kept poking me. He asked random questions like, "do you think the little girl was the killer?" "why are we watching this?" and "why does everyone keep staring at me?"

Maybe if you'd shut up, people will ignore you.

I responded only by shrugging. It was better than me snapping at him to leave me alone. People needed to keep their personal problems to themselves.