Vervain Blood

Hope's POV

I had enough if Diane, I had opened up to her, told her stuff I have never told anyone. And she just goes ahead and betrays me. The slightest inconvenience and she turns her back on me. Family is supposed to be Always & Forever. Maybe she isn't family after all.

I was headed towards my room, to go and gloat but it turns out Malivore had other plans for me.

There are fireballs thrown at me. Wait is that air. Within seconds Diane is beside me. Dodging attacks, trying to find out where these attacks are coming.

"GIVE ME THE BOY" someone yells. "NO" I yell. " Leave Landon alone." I see a man dressed in orange and yellow, bald. I was about to knock him out when Diane beat me to it.

Then she went and broke a chair, made a make-do stake and stabbed him. That man then went ahead and turned into a puddle of black. Which evaporated before I could get my breathing back into control.

"AHHHHHHHHHHH" "who is that?" I ask .Diane shakes her head in reply. We both run towards the voice. It sounds like it's from the kitchen.

We both rush towards the kitchen to see MG lying down on the floor. Blood surrounding him. A blood bag beside him. Diane takes the blood bag, smells it, then tastes it. " Vervain." What?

She continous " someone tried to poison the vampires. Trying to make the school weak, vulnerable to attack I think." I sigh trying to process what she said. MG gets up looking a little better.

" But I guess they don't know that our power resides in our all powerful tribrid witch and her step-mom." MG croakes out. I giggle and Diane chuckles.

" come let's get you checked up." She gives a hand to MG, and he accepts. " hope why don't you tell Ric to switch up these blood bags." " yeah sure." Wow that was cold.

I go towards Dr Saltzmen's office. He isn't there, I realize nobody isn't anywhere to be found. Oh the bonfire. The welcome back bonfire.

I get my phone out. Call his number.

" Hey Hope. Are you back yet?"

" Ya"

" You should come to the bonfire."

" there was an attack at the school , Diane took care of it."

" I will come back right now."

" and umm someone poisoned the blood bags with vervain. MG got hurt pretty badly. But he's healed now."

His voice was laced with worry. "I'll take care of it."