Nightmares and Failed Relationships

Hope's POV

I am in a forest, no its the Bayou. I'm running bare feet fast, it's like my feet are on fire. Then suddenly I'm in the church, the dead vampires and the old man that I killed standing in front of me.They all start walking towards me, all saying the word 'murderer' repeatedly. Then suddenly i fell an aching pain in my neck, a vampire is feeding on me, it's Dad.

I wake up screaming.I can't breathe. I try to get up from the bed, I can't stand up, I fall to the ground.It hurts.Then I think someone comes into my room. I'm not sure how long they held me but it felt nice.

After some time. I started to feel fine. I looked up and saw Diane next to me, her face neutral. She is looking straight ahead.

D- "Your Father used to have nightmares, the nights of the full moon were the worst. He was hopeless because the doppelganger he knew was dead and he couldn't break his curse. But the drive for revenge and the scare of his father made him keep going."

Hope knows why mom didn't let her take the curse, because of all the pain it had caused her father.

D- "Do you want to talk about it? The nightmare."

H- "Not Really."

D-"You were pretty shaken. Are you sure?"

H- "Yes."

D- "Do you want me to stay?"

H- "Yes"

We both get up from the floor and go and lie on my bed. She doesn't touch me or say anything. Before too long I fell asleep.

I woke up when my alarm started ringing.

D-"Turn that preposterous thing off."

I can't help but laugh. She looks up to me, with the most innocent and confused face and asks " What?" I laugh even more. "Stop laughing at me." She says with a pout. Which makes me laugh even louder. I stop when she starts to get up.

D-" I'm going to go.Need to get dressed for class."

H-"Of course." She leaves. I should have said more, she trying. She doesn't need to but she is.

I lie on my bed for another ten minutes thinking about DIane, which is why I miss morning assembly and am now running towards my first class. Supernatural History.

I enter the class as DIane is just starting , I sit next to Josie and Landon waves at me from the behind.

D- "So for those of us who were late, I'm going to start again."She looks at me while saying that. "This week we will continue to learn about Dr Alaric Saltzmen. We covered his introduction to the supernatural world, his relationship with Damon Salvatore and Jenna Sombers and of course his first semi-permanent death.He then came back to life an original vampire created by Esther Mikaelson to kill all her children.To quote Mikeal 'A vampire that kills vampires.'"

Everyone starts to stare at me for some reason. Nobody stared at Lizzie or Josie when we were talking about their dad. But my family is different huh.

Diane sees that and gets the attention back to herself. " Let's do a verbal quiz as revision for last week."

Everyone groans at that. Thanks DIane.

" Mr Kirby" " Yes" "What do you think is the most consistent thing in this chapter of history of Alaric's life?" " Um..."

She did this on purpose . She doesn't like Landon. What did he do to her? Lizzie raises her hand "Yes Lizzie" "Bourbon." A chuckle leaves my mouth along with the others. Dinae gives a look and all of us stop.

"Yes Lizzie, they did drink a lot of Bourbon. Even so that Damon Salvatore has his own specialised Bourbon, you can find it at his house or at a bar in New York.For some reasons beyond your understanding I will not name this bar."

"Lizzie's answer was accurate but a more appropriate answer in your mid-term could be the constant bloodshed, evil vampires, powerful witches and spells, Damon and Alaric's friendship and all the failed relationships." Everyone starts laughing at that again. This time Diane doesn't stop us instead the bell does.

D-"Get out of here all of you and I'll see you tomorrow."

I stay back after class. I need to talk to her. About last night.

H- "Hey Diane do you have time now?" I say as she packs her stuff.

D- "Ya I have a free slot right now. What's up?"

H- "You're learning slang huh."

D- "Ya Lizzie explained some of this stuff to me.what did you wanna talk about?"

H- "I wanted to talk about last night and" She interrupts me.

D- "it was nothing, you had a nightmare and a panic attack about it and helped you." Panic attack

H- "Panic attack, how do you know." it's like she already knew what I was going to say.

D- "I looked it up this morning."

H- "I just wanted to thank you, you could have just ignored me but you didn't so." I hug her, she freezes , I surprised her, but then she hugs me back.

As I'm leaving the class, Landon comes beside me. He had been eavesdropping.

L-"Family Bonding."

H- "Guess so. ."

L- "She doesn't like me you know."

I say with a smile. "How did you come to that conclusion?"

L- " I don't know, maybe because i'm the only one she picks on in the class. I tried talking to her at breakfast today and she completely ignored me."

H- "she will love when she gets to know you."

L- "Just like you did."

H- "just like i did ."

He pecks my lips and goes for his next class.

The entire week I spend time with Diane and get to know her better. She told me some very interesting stuff. I told her a lot about me, Landon and I , Malivore, weekly Mikaelson facetimes. She soaks it all in.

She makes friends too. I saw her having lunch with Raf and Lizzie almost every day. Alaric likes her very much, 'she's a spirit that one' to quote him. I felt good for the first time in a long time. Hopeful even, Cheesy I know.