021

twenty──one

"Miss Yoo, could you please page Dr. Park, Dr. Ji, and Prof. Son to the meeting room right after my schedule with patient 1309?" Kun tapped on the glass window as the nurse on duty at the main nurse station nodded.

The doctor gave her a smile before walking off to the room where Sungchan was waiting for him. He took a deep breath, this wasn't the first session with Sungchan, not the second either, but the fact that the boy went crazy for two sessions now is bothering Kun.

Upon arriving at the room, he heaved a deep breath once again and placed his fingers on the doorknob. He was scared, of course, but the patient needed to at least know that he is mentally ill or at least get treatment.

He twisted the knob and pushed the door open, greeted with a figure with a broad shoulder as his arms and legs were tightly tied on the chair. Kun walked in slowly, making sure not to close the door fully and not locking it as who knows Sungchan might suck him alive, right?

The doctor made his way to the table, sitting down as he checked the patient's profile. Nothing much was there. Sure he knew him way before when he was still in high school, with Sungchan being in middle school, and that was it. Their family was close, but ever since the Jungs moved away from Neo City, they lost contact and never heard of them again. Until he gets to see him at the police station years later, but with Kun as a psychologist and Sungchan as a patient-criminal.

He didn't even know if Sungchan recognized him back when he was admitted here.

"Sungchan," Kun started, gulping. He was scared, not going to lie, most likely because there wasn't any treatment known for his syndrome.

The patient didn't reply and just sat there, looking down on his lap with his chest moving up and down as the only thing that's moving on his body. Kun glanced at him and flipped the pages, all blank.

"Clinical Vampirism, otherwise known as Renfield's syndrome.." The doctor trailed, biting his lips. "Do.. You know how long have you been craving for blood?"

At the mention of blood, Sungchan's dark eyes immediately met with Kun's scared ones. That took the doctor back, obviously not expecting the patient to react that way.

The two shared silence for a while, with Kun soon deciding to change the topic when the hazel haired male suddenly spoke,

"S.. Six years."

That made Kun drop the pen he was holding as well as his jaw. Six whole years – what was he doing to satisfy all of his craves? Attack random people? Kill animals?

Sungchan's gaze never left him, thinking of how pretty his body is if it was laying coldly on the floor, swimming in his own blood but he can't do anything as there was something inside him to control – just like how it told him to control back when he attacked Shotaro.

Kun spaced out for a moment before snapping back to reality, blinking as he took the pen and wrote down the years when Sungchan started craving for blood. The hospital probably wasn't open at that time yet – or it was but it was still new, but that's not what the topic is. The doctor noticed his shaky hands as he wrote it down, shivers running down his spine the more he thought of it.

Sungchan tugged his lips in a sly smirk, "You humans are weird." He chuckled, and it honestly creeped Kun out yet the patient's choice of words made his ear twitch. "You have blood inside you yet you complain about it tasting like metal. It tastes good, actually."

"Humans?" Kun stressed, "You're a human too."

"Oh sweet cheeks, that's where you're wrong," Sungchan smirked.

The doctor pursed his lips in a thin line, Sungchan definitely has Renfield's syndrome – he craves for blood, attacks people and sucking the life out of them, and he even thinks he's a vampire himself.

The only question Kun has left is, what exactly happened in his past?

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟

She shouldn't be here, but you know how curiosity kills when someone asked you not to do or say anything you are curious about. And here she is right now, at Dr. Qian's office after overhearing his conversation with the nurse back at the main nurse station.

She had a gut feel that their meeting is about the patients in Irregular Ward which is why she immediately went to find the files of the patients in there – to hopefully fit in with the other psychiatrists.

But the fact that he was there honestly scared her off. She didn't know what to do besides walking out of the room immediately. She sighed before shrugging off the thought, not wanting to think about him more.

The lady scanned through his table – it was neat and clean, she's not going to lie, and a lot of files are neatly stacked on the floor or neatly organized in the cabinet. She looked back at the door before rushing to the cabinet, pulling it open to see numerous files.

She smiled a little, checking every file out to hopefully see the profiles of the patients in the ward she came to not long ago.

Minutes passed and she was getting tired from all the searching. Not even a sight of a familiar name on the files was seen on all of the cabinets. Sihye was about to give up and just go when her eyes caught the attention of a box under his table. She raised a brow, crouching down to pull the box before opening it.

Sihye smiled, she can finally show Kun what she's capable of.

─── ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈ ───