040

forty

"Ms. Kwon, all I did was rest for five minutes, is that too much to ask for?"

By now, Kun wanted to rage. He's been busy these days; running back and forth from the psychology department to the emergency room, eating only once or (if he's lucky) twice a day, and barely even getting enough rest. He did rest but it was a brief five-minute break since he was tired and exhausted, and he was so sure he got back to work once five minutes is up.

"Dr. Qian, many nurses and a few doctors told me they saw you slacking off and passing your supposed to be duties to them," Boah could only put her glasses down and lean her elbows to the table. "Is this what you do in your hospital?"

"Ms. Kwon-"

The lady raised her hand, signaling that she wasn't done talking yet, "I know that you can pass the duties to the CEO since you are the owner but Dr. Qian, this behavior isn't tolerable in this hospital. If this continues, you can lose both your hospital and your license."

He couldn't believe what he was hearing.

"Ms. Kwon, I beg your pardon. Even if I own the only psychiatric hospital in town, I still work there because taking care of patients and helping them get better is not just work for me," Kun reasoned, which is true anyway.

Being the owner of the hospital, you can just stay at home and let someone manage the hospital; thus the true intention of Chief Executive Officers. But that doesn't mean you can rest the whole time, you still have to check your hospital every now and then, being the one who handles the papers and is in charge of the hospital's damages.

And for Kun, he knew he could stay at home but he prefers helping people with mental disorders - which is why he became a licensed psychologist and built a hospital on his own.

It was a tough process, of course, but he won't let all his hard work go to waste just because someone was sending Ms. Kwon false information about his actions in this hospital.

Knocks were heard from behind the door, preventing Kun from defending himself further. Ms. Kwon could only sigh before saying a soft "come in".

"Dr. Ji," Boah mentioned the moment someone entered inside, catching the chinese's attention.

Kun diverted his attention to the one who knocked, heart starting to beat rapidly at the sight of his boyfriend that he hadn't seen for days. The newcomer gave a smile to the lady behind the desk and bowed, stealing a glance at Kun since they weren't supposed to do what lovers usually do during work hours.

"I don't remember asking for your presence, is there something wrong?" The lady asked, pointing at the chair across Kun to signal the man to sit there.

"Uh, I heard Ku- Dr. Qian got in trouble, is there any problem?" Hansol asked, gazing over Kun and locking eyes at the chinese who was visibly exhausted mentally and physically.

Ms. Kwon blinked and was taken aback since she didn't expect that they knew each other. "Oh, uh, I've been receiving reports about Dr. Qian slacking off and not doing any of his work properly."

Hansol frowned and turned his attention back to the lady behind the desk, "Ms. Kwon, who has been telling you all of this?"

"Mr. Jung always informs me about the current status of the hospital staff and patients in any department," Boah replied, taking a small portfolio from her desk and showing it to the two doctors in front of her. "And it so happens that he caught Dr. Qian resting, and I happen to talk to a few nurses and doctors that claimed Mr. Jung's reports."

"My apologies, but who's Mr. Jung?" Both Kun and Hansol almost said at the same time, earning a weird stare from the CEO.

"Mr. Jung Ilsik? The co-CEO of this hospital?"

Kun pursed his lips in a thin line, he knew Ilsik and they were close friends when he was still working here. Was he purposely doing this?

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟

"Good night."

Wendy curved her lips up in a smile to see all twenty-two patients tucked in their beds before turning the lights off, making sure to close the door properly, and sighed. Today was a long day for her, especially when it was supposed to be a nurse's duty to keep an eye on them today.

Hansol just had to be strict because he knew he'll be sleeping on the couch if Kun knew that they weren't taking care of them properly.

The lady tapped her cheeks, "Why did Kun even put them in the same room?"

Tiptoeing so that he won't make noise and get the attention of the doctor that just helped them get to bed, Jaehyun peeked at the little window from the door of the ward, making sure that the doctor was nowhere to be seen before turning the lights on.

It annoyed Yuta.

"What the fuck? Someone just wanted to sl-"

"Shh!" Jaehyun shushed, which gathered the attention of all of them. "Apologies, Your Highness, but I may or may not have a crazy plan in mind."

Yuta rolled his eyes and groaned audibly, "Spill it, Jung."

"You know since we've been here for who knows how long- I've been here for like three months or shit, the doctors did help me a lot." Jaehyun started and he was surprised that everyone was listening to him - especially Yuta since that guy absolutely has no temper.

"And Jungwoo, Taeyong, Yukhei and I mayhaps overheard Dr. Ji saying that Dr. Qian was in trouble?" Jaehyun honestly didn't know if he heard it correctly, but he wanted to help them this time. "And I say it's our time to help them."

"We're obviously not healthy enough to go out, how much more if we help them with their problems?" Doyoung proceeded to ask.

It's not that he didn't want to help them, he's just concerned for their mental health. They are already mentally uneasy, how much more if they get involved in someone's problems?

It didn't take a minute for the room to be engulfed with silence; some were thinking of a way, others were just anticipating who will say something first.

And it just had to be the last person they expected.

"There's always a Liu Yangyang, right?" Ten managed to say, still fiddling with his fingers as he looked up to see their attention on him. He always knew it was nerve-wracking to earn their attention but he didn't know it was this nerve-wracking since he didn't get to feel it before he was diagnosed.

Dejun and Hendery, both alarmed at the sudden mention of a name they obviously long for, looked at each other.

"W-We also have a Nakamoto Yuta," Sicheng, another unexpected patient to speak because of his disorder, added. "To h-help us physically?"

Sicheng meant to help them physically since Yuta can throw hands when he really loses his temper.

"And," Another voice joined, getting the attention of everyone since they didn't really recognize it.

The male smirked, his dark eyes gazing over them the moment he stepped out of the divider and showed a broken strap that he just broke, "A Jung Sungchan to help."

─── ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈ ───

whAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING I AM GENUINELY CONCERNED I-