047

forty─seven

"That fucking 'doctor' is so dead to me," Wendy cursed under her breath, taking her phone from the table as she pushed the security door open, "Aeri, I'll call you later. Make sure you pick the fuck up and do exactly what I say."

The canadian didn't even let the nurse speak as she harshly slammed the door close, a direful aura surrounding her as she passed by the hallway of the third floor, the other staff present making way for her -- afraid that she might burst with one wrong move.

Coming up to the elevator, Wendy's heels clicked against the metallic floors, biting her inner cheek to calm her down, at least. Her feet tapped aggressively, resonating against the small room after she pressed on the button of the ground floor.

If Sihye doesn't bring them back, she will take them herself.

Who in their right state of mind help mentally ill patients escape the mental asylum- worse is that the one who helped escape is a licensed doctor? Wendy's starting to think Sihye is mentally ill as well.

A few moments passed, the elevator door slid open and the canadian's aura remained the same -- lowkey scaring both the staff and the patients that were around the first floor the moment she walked passed them. The fact that Wendy isn't usually like this makes it even scarier.

"P-Prof. Son,"

Wendy's composed herself, taking a deep breath as she pressed her lips in a thin line before turning her heel, completely dropping the fucked up face she has seconds ago. "Ye- oh, Jisung-ah."

Jisung blinked as he looked down, fiddling with his fingers and bit his bottom lip -- he didn't know how to form words.

"Do you need anything?" The professor's previous facial expression may be dropped, but her voice says otherwise. It was very sharp and orotund.

"I just have uh, one request."

Wendy's eyes squinted, the little smile on her face dropping as she tilted her head to the side to meet Jisung's quivering eyes. "What is it?"

"Can- uh," Jisung stammered, his adam's apple moving up then down as a signal that he gulped nervously, "C-Can I come with you?"

Silence.

The two shared a couple of blinks and a silence for a good minute, the only source of sound being the footsteps by the staff behind them as well as the faint voices. Wendy could only tilt her head back in its original position slowly, eyes wiggling in confusion at Jisung's statement.

What does he mean by come with her? Moreover, how did he know she's going somewhere?

"Uh- sorry, come with me?" The professor's eyes squinted, "C-Can i ask why?"

Jisung pursed his lips in a thin line. This is the first time he's going to snitch, but he regrets not coming just because of a specific dolphin, "I know their plan, I was awake that time."

Her eyebrows raised as she shifted her weight on one foot, arms crossing before fully making eye contact with Jisung. "Plan?"

I'm so sorry, Jisung mentally apologizes, taking a deep breath before maintaining eye contact with the professor. "J-Jaehyun hyung kind of planned this... A-After overhearing Dr. Ji that s-something's wrong with Dr. Qian."