031

thirty─one
renjun, jeno, jaemin

Silence echoed through the four walls of the small room, deafening the ears of the six people inside. They were supposed to do some group therapy thing but the doctor that was handling them had to exit for a while to probably make a call. Thus the awkward silence.

There was one, however, who didn't like the silence at all. Though it wasn't really him that didn't want the silence, one of his alters decided to take over his normal state since he figured the silence won't go anytime soon until the doctor arrived once again.

"Y–"

"Don't even think about talking." Even before Jeno could say a word, Jaemin already cut him off. It gathered the attention of the other four, looking at each other as if they were communicating by their eyes at what Jaemin just deadpanned.

Jeno stared at the latter, head throbbing with pain as he felt himself dissociating, another alter taking himself over.

"Excuse me but who are you to cut our Minjun off?" Jeno sassed, standing up and placed a hand on his hips, tilting his head a little to show some girly actions despite looking so buff and manly.

His actions gathered Chenle and Shotaro's attention, but that's not the case for Jisung, Renjun, and Jaemin – they were taken aback at the name. They knew Jeno has multiple personalities, but never did they know that it has names.

"M.. Minjun?" Jisung raised a brow, earning Jeno's attention.

The second oldest in the room changed his position and crossed his arms, weight shifting on the other foot as he stared at Jisung, "Yeah, Minjun. Got a problem with that?"

This clearly isn't Jeno, Jisung thought as he turned his attention to the one nearest to him, Chenle, who just shrugged and also had no idea what was happening.

"I'm Jaemin and I can also shut you up." The white haired male fired back, tugging his lips up in a smirk to see Jeno visibly raging at his choice of words.

"Oh, sweetheart, you don't want to mess with me." Jeno, or one of Jeno's alters, smirked back, walking towards the white haired and bending his body to match Jaemin's height, finger making its way to the younger's chin and pulling it up. "I can always call Alpha out and let him handle you, just like last time."

Jaemin stared at Jeno's eyes blankly, he knew very much what his alter was referring to. "What's your name?"

"Nice to meet you, Jaemin-ssi. I'm Thena, the one who has connections within the other alters. Also one of the sassiest," Thena straightened her (technically, his) posture once again, eyes not leaving Jaemin's eyes.

The other three felt like they are watching a live romance movie where this girl is taking another girl's boyfriend. But this isn't what Renjun was feeling, he also knew what this Thena was talking about, and his head started throbbing in pain while remembering the memory – though he didn't get to show it.

"No wonder why you're acting like Regina George. What's it like being a girl mentally but having a dick physically?" Jaemin crossed both his arms and legs, smirking as he was triggering something in Jeno.

And yes, it certainly triggered something in Thena. In Thena, but not the other alters.

"What's it like standing up for this Min- whatever his name is, despite being a girl when guys are supposed to do that?" Jaemin didn't mean to say it and offend girls, but he just wanted to see how Thena would react.

"You sexist son of a bit—" Even before Thena could finish what she was about to say, Jaemin cut her off first.

"What's it like to stay at the back of Jeno's head all the time, afraid that you might not handle all the bad things here?"

"Stop," Renjun uttered as his head was starting to form images of people beside Jeno, but the two that were pissing each other off didn't seem to hear it.

"Despite having all connections with the other alters, why won't they listen to you?" Jaemin gasped, mocking a pitiful face at the now raging Jeno, but with Thena as his alter.

"Jaemin, stop."

Ha, bold of you to assume Jaemin heard it. "Oh, my bad, Thena. You're just weak, and you would call this Alpha dude anytime soon to choke me again—"

"I said stop! Fucking stop already!" Renjun yelled, gathering the attention of the other five in the room as he slammed his fists on a desk, hearing a crack coming from it.

It was also the same time when Jeno's eyes glistened, tears forming as he fell on the ground – brain stinging in agony as he felt himself dissociating. Shotaro ran up to him, kneeling beside him, and patted his back.

Jaemin froze, he should have thought about Renjun or any other else in the room first before provoking Jeno. Though he mayhaps forgot about them being inside a psychiatric hospital.

Renjun's eyes widened at his sudden actions, making him fall back and his first instinct was to grab something to support him. Chenle was near him, but the latter backed away which made Jisung ran up to the older chinese and help him balance himself. Renjun couldn't believe he just slammed his hand on a table.

Jaemin hurriedly stood up from the chair and ran towards the scared chinese male, who suddenly screamed out of nowhere and backed away from the white haired.

"Renjun hyung, calm down!" Jisung managed to say, but the latter didn't seem to hear what he just said.

Why? Something was whispering to him that Jaemin is going to kill him, and him being schizophrenic isn't helping – it makes him confused about which is true and which is not.

"One at a time please.." Jeno mutters for the nth time as Shotaro hushed him down, looking at Renjun then back at the latter.

Just as everything was about to break loose, the door opened revealing the doctor that was supposed to look over them and have a peaceful group therapy together. Though you can't blame him, he needed to take this call.

"What is happening?" The doctor asked, running up to Renjun and tried patting his back, only to receive a scream. "Fuck, someone please page Dr. Ji!"

"Chenle, you go!" Shotaro called the frozen chinese up, snapping him back to reality as he nodded before leaving the room.

One word, chaos. And Jaemin knew very well who caused this.

─── ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈ ───

happy jungwoo day !