032

thirty─two
chenle x jisung

"E-Excuse me, p-please call Dr. Ji, t-there's an emergency at room 16!" Chenle's breaths were unsteady because one, he's not used to talking, two, he ran all the way from the room to the nurse station, and three, he mayhaps bumped into someone which caused him to recall his memories and anxiousness creeping in his body.

"Will do. Aeri, please guide him back to his ward!" The nurse at the nurse station called at the other nurse while pressing a button at the table. "Paging Dr. Ji, there's an emergency at room 16."

The nurse hurriedly ran to the patient, about to touch his shoulders to support him when Chenle backed away from her.

"Don't worry, I'm not going to hurt you. Let's just get you back to your ward—" Even before the nurse could say anything, Chenle already ran off since he was getting anxious at the nurse's attempts to hold him.

The nurse blinked rapidly at the action, "What?"

"Renjun hyung, please calm down, you're just hallucinating—" Jisung attempted once again to calm the panic episode Renjun is currently having, only to receive an accidental slap from the chinese.

It stung, obviously, but Jisung didn't bother as his main concern is the older chinese male. Diverting his attention from Renjun, Jisung looked around to find a specific someone but only to notice that he wasn't even there. The male muttered a few curses under his breath as he stared back at Renjun who was breathing unsteadily.

Jisung stood up from his place, running out of the room only to cross paths with Dr. Ji. The patient blinked, making eye contact with the doctor, and looked back inside the room.

"Jisung—"

Just before the doctor could say a word, the patient already ran off to find Chenle, not even paying attention to what Hansol is about to say. Hansol was about to run after him but halted when he heard Renjun's screams.

The doctor heaved a deep breath and ran to Renjun first, he'll deal with Jisung later.

"Chenle!?" The male wanted to punch himself for prioritizing Chenle first before Renjun.

"Chenle, where are you!?" Jisung didn't even know why he was looking for the older in the first place, he just felt like something has happened to him.

Reaching the end of the hallway, Jisung panted as he heard whimpers and sniffs echoing faintly through the halls – though he didn't know where did it come from. "Chenle?"

"P-Please leave me alone..."

Jisung looked around, not seeing anyone but he was sure he heard the chinese male's faint voice and whimpers. The male's ears perked up as he heard an indistinguishable female voice, making him look at the only door at the end of the hallway: the emergency exit.

Jisung hastily ran to the door, opening it only to see a lady, which Jisung presumed is a psychiatrist under here at the labcoat she is wearing, crouching in front of a trembling Chenle.

"Hey, it's okay." The lady smiled softly, about to grab Chenle's shoulders and support him when the latter froze at her action. She chuckled, "You don't like being touched, don't you? Come on, let's just take you to your room."

"N-No, p-please just l-leave me alone.."

"Hey. Whatever you are going through right now, I hope you overcome it— with our help, of course, but let's take you to your room first and get you sedatives to at least calm you down, yeah?" She looked at Chenle with sympathy in her eyes.

Jisung was soft at the sight, for sure he saw this doctor before but is not sure when did he see her. Letting out a sigh of relief rather loudly, both the lady and Chenle looked up to see him standing there.

"J-Ji.." The chinese male muttered and stood up, tripping in the process but managed to balance himself, and ran up to the younger. Chenle has trust issues which is why he wanted the doctor that helped him calm down to leave him alone – but if he was to tell the truth, it did help him a bit.

"You okay?" The younger asked, making sure not to make any physical contact as much as possible with the older chinese. Jisung sighed in relief upon seeing Chenle visibly nod his head.

The male looked at the doctor that is now standing up from the ground, she was about a few centimeters shorter than him which is why he had to look down.

"Thank you, uh.." Jisung glanced at the name tag, "Dr. Yoon."

The lady was taken aback at the sudden address the patient gave her, "O-Oh no! Just Prof. Yoon is fine."

The patient blinked, he honestly looked like Chenle's guardian when he is a patient himself. "Ah, sorry. Thank you again, Prof. Yoon."

"No problem," The lady smiled at him, but this time not making sure her smile was not as bright as before since she noticed how it made the patients uncomfortable. "Make sure he takes sedatives before going to be— ah, I should be telling that to the nurse. Anyways, take care on your way back."

Jisung smiled once again, turning his attention back to Chenle and asked him if he was okay for the second time.

Sihye smiled at herself before sighing, about to go to the second floor using the emergency exit when her phone rang. The lady shut her eyes tight as soon as she saw the caller ID but nonetheless answered it.

"Yes?"

"Any progress?"

Sihye bit her lip and looked through the small window of the emergency exit, slightly seeing Jisung and Chenle walking away from where she is.

"It's going down." And she had to lie.

"This is why I can count on you. Now be a good girl and do what I ordered you to do, you'll be the CEO there in no time."

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟

"Are you sure you're okay? I can get someone to—"

"Ji, stop worrying." Chenle took a deep breath before chuckling, he isn't the type to chuckle after he just had an anxiety attack but Jisung was acting so overprotective of him already, "I'm okay, I'll just sleep this out."

The younger heaved a sigh of relief for the nth time of the hour, damn he didn't know he was this worried just by not seeing the older not in the same room as him.

"Hey, Jisung?" Chenle called.

The said male hummed and turned his attention to the chinese that is now tucked under his bedsheets, looking up to him with that cute look of his.

Hold up, did Jisung just thought that he was cute?

"C-Can.. Can you uh.." Chenle hesitated and looked back down on the ground, biting his lip at what he is about to say.

"Can I what?" The younger tilted his head, definitely not finding the chinese male cute at whatever he is doing right now— nope definitely not that.

Chenle sighed, "C-Can you.. Help m-me f-forget about uh.."

That phrase was enough for Jisung to understand. He pulled up a smile on his face, "I will. But for now, rest."

The chinese male smiled at him softly before turning his back from the younger, not really attempting to fall asleep.

─── ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈ ───