Chapter 29. Doppelganger

I woke up with a mixed of strong emotion inside me. I feel angry, sad, happy, and groggy at the same time. Since I've been marked, I almost never get the morning sickness. And the most reasonable explanation about my emotion now is my hormones.

Zeus is still sleeping. I glance at the window and see the sun is about to rise, It's still early. I feel as my tears about to spill from my eyes, I just confused why I feel the urge to cry it out. I let my tears down. Few moment later I'm a sniffing mess.

I don't realize when did Zeus opened his eyes. Now he is looking at my face with a concerned expression.

"Hun, what's wrong?"
He asked, cupping my cheek.

"I don't know. I woke up like this,l"
Pun intended. My tears still flowing down.

He sat and opened his arm.
"C'mere!"

I crawled to his lap and curled my body in his warm embrace. He hug me while stroke my back soothingly.

"Is it the hormones?"
He asked.

"Looks like it,"
I still tearing down like idiot.

"Oh, baby. I'm so sorry!"
Zeus said sadly.

"What for?"

"I making you pregnant,"

"But you are happy. why apologizing?"

"I just realize that pregnancy is difficult,"

'You bet, glad you here to soothing me then!'
I answer through mind link and he chuckle.

"You need something?"

'last night burger?'

"Hun, you can't eat junk food too much, it's not good for you and the babies."
Even he say that with gentle tone, I feels like he is scolding me or something, I started to sob.
"Okay, okay, it's okay for now, I'll go get some and heat them in microwave, yeah?"

I nod. He got up from the bed and goes to the kitchen. I feel something is missing when he left, I will ask for more cuddle when he back.

'I love you, Zeus!'
I mind link him.

'I love you more, my little mate!'
He answer, I swear I know that he is smiling right now.

Zeus back in our room with a tray filled with two burgers, two bottled water, abd one glass of orange juice. We eat them and then he goes for a run and I back to sleep.

I woke up again when Zeus stepped out from bathroom with only a towel, fresh from shower, his damp hair cling into his head. He looked at me and smiling before get in the closet to get dressed.

He is wearing jeans, and navy cotton t-shirt with big capital RRAAAAWRR!! printed on he front in a black color. I wash my face, pee, and brush my teeth before joining him to change for breakfast with our guest.

I wear a thin legging with tank top and oversized button down shirt that I let unbuttoned in the three top button. I tied my hair in a messy ponytail. Zeus kiss my head before we walk down to dining room.

Our guest is already sated in the dining room, Freddy is nowhere too seen, I mind link Zeus and he said that Freddy goes to Alexander HQ and he will goes there too after breakfast.

Claire is arrange the dishes in the table when Rose and Lucien joined us. After we all done eating, Daniel, Brody, and Kane said they want to stroll around the city and ask if they can use their alpha's car, Hades agreed. Rose have two classes today and Luce will drives her to school.

Zeus need to going work, so that makes just me and Hades leaves at home. I don't wanna be left at home, so I asked Zeus if I can go out for some gelato.