Chapter 22: Night school part 2

The three teens sprinted out of the room and down the corridor, rushing past classrooms, making their way to the locker rooms where there would be fewer windows and therefore less chance of the alpha getting them.

Elana was behind Stiles, pushing him to go faster, and Scott who was leading the way.

They turned around the corner running to the stairs, but before Elana could make it to them the alpha cut her off, making her turn on her heels and run for her life the opposite way down the corridor.

She heard the boys shouting after her and prayed that they would safely get to the changing rooms and wouldn't stupidly go after her.

Pounding footsteps echoed through the empty halls as Elana sprinted past countless blue lockers. Her lunges ached for more oxygen as her legs burned but she pushed herself to run faster upon hearing the footsteps advancing on her. She got a strong sense of Deja Vu.

"Fuck fuck fuck" she muttered breathlessly remembering that she had already seen this in her dream, she tried to mislead the alpha by turning sharply to a different corridor sliding and almost falling completely to the floor.  She laughed in relief as the footsteps fade further away from her thinking that her plan worked, her relief was broken when razor-sharp claws caught at her leg, yanking her backwards. The claws shredded through her flesh making the brunette scream out in pain. She turned around quickly, injuring herself further during the process, and kicked at the Alpha, hitting it a couple of times. She used her own claws to scratch at his face, getting herself free of his grip.

Jumping back to her feet she hurriedly limped away whilst the alpha remained dis-orientated, and hobbled into the nearest classroom, shutting the door behind her. Elana barricaded the door with a nearby shelf, hoping to catch a short break from the constant running. With trembling breaths she looked down at her leg, seeing multiple large gashes across the lower thigh and her calf. The wounds were oozing with blood, she quickly took off her jacket and harshly pressed it against her wound, slowing down the flow of blood. She bit down on her lip to keep herself from screaming out in pain and looked around for anything else she could use to stop the blood while swearing silently, with tears streaming down her face. She knew she would have to hide any signs of her injury to keep anyone from getting suspicious of her.

Elana noticed a poster stapler on the teacher's desk and hobbled over to it with a groan.

This should do. She thought, ripping her trousers to fully reveal the wound and quickly pinched the skin together, stapling it in place with gasps of pain. After sufficiently closing the wounds she tested her weight on her foot, with a stifled groan she moved out of the classroom, running as best as she could to the girls changing rooms. Quickly changing her trousers to a pair she kept in her locker and stuffing the bloody ones into it she took her phone out to text Stiles that she was alright and was in the girls changing rooms. Panicking when she didn't receive a reply Elana focused on her senses trying to find Stiles and Scott and make sure they were safe.

Catching Stiles' scent she creeped out of the locker room to follow it. They were in the male changing rooms just down the corridor like they planned. Elana sighed in relief and quietly opened the doors, her eyes locked with a pair that shouldn't be there. The janitor, who looked extremely pissed off.

"Another one?" He half shouted making the other three grimace at the volume of his voice

The janitor started shoving them out of the locker rooms as they protested begging him to remain quiet.

"Get out of here" he gave Scott one final shove before he was flung back, the door slamming shut in the process. Blood sprayed the window of the door as the janitor's screams filled the silence.